Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

thank you el diablo

if anyone has issues with hatred it would seem to be you.

As I have said many times I am happy to acknowledge rossi as the greatest rider, and you are obviously entirely free to hate stoner; as a stoner fan it is rather gratifying actually, and demonstrates that he got to you.

What I dislike in the rossi era is not his great success or the acclamation of it, but the apparent need despite this to dismiss any and all success of any other rider, which extended to nicky hayden's (a sportsman of almost unparalleled decency imo) championship and even to elias challenging rossi for 1 or 2 races. I followed the sport avidly during the "golden era" of the 500s, and no-one seemed to feel any need to find reasons why championships weren't really valid then; I don't recall anyone dismissing spencer's  and gardner's championships  for instance even though eddie lawson won more championships and was an unquestionably great rider. 

Ironically, all the nonsense directed at stoner and his performances at ducati which it would seem   marlboro, rossi and jb among others bought into probably contributed to rossi's disastrous decision to go there in the belief it could be easily turned around. I don't question their development ability btw, and am on record on another forum as saying that if the bike was fixable they would fix it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

wosi I think you answered....

All the questions about stoner right there in your first sentence......crashed out of the LEAD........yes the LEAD riding a ducati......can u just enlighten when rossi crashed out of the lead riding the ducati?.....in fact did he ever lead a race for a full lap riding the ducati?.........in fact stoner could have ridden his very first race for ducati, which he won.....then gone fishing, broke his ankle, had lactose intolerance and stayed in bed for the next 4yrs and he'd still have a better record riding the ducati than rossi......oops didn't want to hear that did we

Reply to this Topic
TMDLateBraker

Mar 13

As always people go off topic. I hate stoner as much as the next person, but cannot deny his talent. But back to the TOPIC!!!! Nobody can argue what rossi is saying is wrong... apart from stoner who else out of the many talented riders have made the bike work...? Hayden/melandi/capriossi/elias/gibernau/bayliss/checa? All of which have complained about the same thing.... the feel for the bike. Sorry but ducati clearly dont listen to their riders.... they need to realise they wont get another stoner so they need to stop and re start from scratch smd LISTEN to the riders.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Not disputing he was fast Simon..just pointing out to weskit that he shit himself under pressure.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

hopefully

when there is some actual racing to discuss all this will be finally over with, but in the mean time mcn do need to keep their site going.

Certainly while people continue to have shot at stoner unrelated to the particular thread or not I and others will come back at them, and the same applies to rossi and his fans I guess.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

bit of a foggy situation

There I think....stoner could and did battle wheel to wheel with rossi and come out on top, but for some reason rossi always had the upper hand mentally.....stoner's biggest problem was he could not accept not winning a race, which showed the most by binning it trying to pass dani when there was no need....that moment cost him the championship

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

If you can't stand the heat..?

boo fkin hoo..you whining asswipe DF.

Take a look at the comments from your sorry pack of bastards. Tit for tat..that's the way it goes.

Aren't there any decent forums in upside down land..Chump? 

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

lol lol

Fukin hilarious.....

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Lool..hahaha

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Funny thing is

Any thread with Rossi's name attracts between 2 and 3 times the amount of posts compared to any other.

The thread above about Marquez (sensational rookie) has got 4 posts.

The thread a couple down about Lorenzo (World Champ) has got 17 posts

This thread about Rossi has got 91 posts already.

Why ?  Because all you haters -......... Rossi is inside your heads.    hahahahahaha.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices