Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElD...

"Your ambition obviously outweights your limited IQ. If you really want to talk about idiots lets make a pole"

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

I don't normally take the piss out of people's ineptitude but if they're asking for it they're fair game.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

"Any thread with Rossi's name attracts between 2 and 3 times the amount of posts compared to any other..."... rider.

Had to add that last bit 'cos there's a certain V8 driver who's still attracting way more posts... on a motorcycle forum... look up the last couple of Stoner threads... 205... 186?... then count the number of times Stoner (CS, Casey) turns up in each Rossi thread... 68 so far in this one, in an article about Rossi... & then, if you feel inclined, look up who's mainly mentioning him... & this is a guy who left the sport quite a while ago... he's really got into some peoples' heads.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Lesson of the day - Tuesday.

How anal can a fan get?

Can you imagine trawling through all the different threads sharpened pencil and notebook in hand, jotting down names, totting up totals..then carefully puting said wonderous tome in a safe place for future reference, probably next to your orange wanking sock?

Truly..this is what defines the difference between fun-loving happy-go-lucky #46ers and defenders of the recalcitrant bad-mouthing Australian quitter.

In reality, there is simply NO contest in terms of poularity..and truth be told, THIS is the crux of the matter.

Bitter jealousy and failure to be appreciated is the real reason Stoner turned his back on the sport, and the same negative vein runs through all his unstable spiky fanboi.

Witness the sustained insults associated with merchandise sales & the quality of Rossi fans..heh heh.

Two things are guaranteed to get #27ers howling indignation..Stoners lack of popularity alongside a confused and fragile state of mind.

Old rossi really did a job on the kid didn't he..just like ol wosi is doing a number on MCN's Rossi-hating zombies.

Hahaha..  

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

tit for tat

Perhaps you could assay actually reading posts before you reply to them wosi. Which part of "the same goes for rossi and his fans" didn't you understand? I also said that mcn were obviously trying it on a bit to keep their site going through the off season, to which I have no objection at all.

I have actually let you off on some of your more ridiculous contentions in the psychobabble sphere, such as that someone being happily married for 6 years is a sign of immaturity. You will also have to remind me which of your several mutually exclusive  positions on stoner  you are arguing today; did he over-ride a bad bike or succumb to pressure on a totally dominant bike? Were furosawa and rossi genii for going with rideability over raw power simultaneously with stoner having an unfair advantage  because ducati went for raw power over rideability?

If you want to stick to opinion it is my absolute opinion that, whatever else, no matter how great he undoubtedly is on other bikes, valentino would not have got near a similarly equipped stoner on a 2007 ducati; oddly there doesn't seem to be much from rossi himself recently to suggest otherwise.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Can you imagine trawling through all the different threads sharpened pencil and notebook in hand, jotting down names, totting up totals"

Yeah... the reason I wrote totalled them up for you is 'cos I realised that some people, such as yourself, would see that as a chore & not the 15 second exercise that it really is if you know how to use your browser. I was responding to someone who was counting posts as though it proved his favourite rider was more popular... anal indeed.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The crux of the matter?

No Wosi. The crux of the matter is who's faster than who. This is a motorcycle racing forum afterall, not your beloved "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" which is just what Rossi must be feeling about MotoGP right now.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

anyway, back to the article

Over at the more anorak-wearing style of motogp forum they have an interview with Nicky Hayden, who had this to say when asked about whether he thought Ducati listened to him

But I have never really had that problem with Ducati. As far as being listened to, it is important to go fast and you have clear feedback and be consistent. The worst thing for engineers is to if you want to lose their faith and confidence and be all over the board. You know, one minute say this and the next minute say that. Just try to be consistent with your feedback and tell them exactly what you feel and what you think.

All over the place. One minute say this and one minute say that. Wonder who he's referring to?

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Wosi.......

King of the yellow dummies. lol

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Much as I respect Nicky weskit   his clear and consistent feedback has done f***k all to improve the Ducati has it ?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes saturn

the whole post 990 era has not suited nicky. He will still always remain the winner of the last championship in the 990 formula, which I among others consider to have been not all that bad a formula, when it was mature.

Perhaps a motherhood statement by a current ducati employee in any case, which could apply to stoner or rossi as he has phrased it, with nicky's characteristic lack of rancour.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle