Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Criticism???

Majority of MCN forum fan boys cannot cope with criticism. Ducati.... I am not so sure. If I made bikes for GP racing I would want to win, wouldn't you? All this feedback, development, nobody listens to me, they have always listened to me is all a moot point. The main thing all you MCN forum engineers are missing is that no matter who gives the feed back it is the manufacturer that must come up with the solution. Much like great riders you need great manufacturers to complement each other. Hence why I just can't be bothered to dive into the engineering banter on this forum. +++++ Ducati had the best engineering / software / tyre solution in 2007. Combined with the best rider for the job. Now for some reason everyone seems to think they should be soaking up world titles like a sponge??? Does not matter who the rider is or how much money a factory spends, you need the human beings that know how to create the best solution in respect of this or any previous years "race time". Lap times in qualifying/testing don't win titles. Race times do and Ducati just haven't the technical knowledge or prowess to make a machine any so called "alien" can ride to victory week in week out. Ducati are not deaf or dumb, just not up to the challenge they keep setting themselves. +++++ Right ... now you lot can get back to rider bashing and the "correct" engine / chassis design as you will. +++++ Ciao Mama's!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Criticism extended

Not only Ducati. HRC as early as 2003 and Yamaha as early as 2010. Well, Yamaha have got the bloke back and no doubt that was an astute business move by Yamaha GP. Nevermind. It's the rider ,not the bike, quoth #46 some time back. Axed by HRC, jumped before he was pushed by Yamaha, diplomatically exit from Ducati. ( Diplomacy... 'suggesting you fuck off in such a nice way that you accept and look forward to the trip' ).

No doubt about it, Rossi is the media powerhouse of the sport,but he is equally as big a bottleneck to the future of the sport as is Dorna Sport intervention within the ambit of the GPC. 

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

car cleaner

Seems you are paranoid about Rossi.
If you care to read a few posts below I actually stuck up for him.
In my post to you I was having a go at your uppity attitude and nothing to do with Rossi.
Saturn has got it in one and you are a big Rossi fanboy who is no better than any other on here.
Rossi is better than Stoner.....Stoner is better than Rossi.......boring boring boring...

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

Axed by Honda?

There was me thinking Rossi decided to leave Honda for Yamaha, as opposed to being axed? ( I seem to remember his reasoning at the time being that Honda were no longer listening, and attributing all his sucess purely to the bike,, when he believed otherwise, so jumped ship to Yamaha to prove a point.) Honda then said they would never re-hire him. Admittedly the Ducati move was a mistake, and the him or me attitude that got him in to the situation was a bit childish. After two years at Ducati he decided that they werent listening either, so jumped ship again, thankfully back to where he belongs. I just hope he proves he still has it in him ( I think he does)

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

Axed by Honda?

There was me thinking Rossi decided to leave Honda for Yamaha, as opposed to being axed? ( I seem to remember his reasoning at the time being that Honda were no longer listening, and attributing all his sucess purely to the bike,, when he believed otherwise, so jumped ship to Yamaha to prove a point.) Honda then said they would never re-hire him. Admittedly the Ducati move was a mistake, and the him or me attitude that got him in to the situation was a bit childish. After two years at Ducati he decided that they werent listening either, so jumped ship again, thankfully back to where he belongs. I just hope he proves he still has it in him ( I think he does)

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

Oops twice, sorry

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Panny old fruit

It is your good self who jumped straight in like a blinkered fan boy having a pop at me over my post. If your gonna accus me of being a Rossi fanboy i will naturally assume your a orange thong wearer. Read my post properly before foaming at the mouth , its balanced and in no way one sided. But hey! if that how you want to read it (like the rest of the juveniles) we can continue to trade insults....

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

WWB

Bang on mate, but hey Nostro and the likes will never allow that to get in the way of deriding Rossi's / stoners achievements

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You see..

Bootlicker is another example..zero credibility fucko!

Rossi LEFT HRC..they had a contrct waiting for him to sign. Why would Honda go out of their way to state they would "crush" his career if they sacked him and were happy to seehim gone?

Yamaha too wanted to keep him, on more money than WC Lorenzo.

Audi broke their balls to keep him and sacked Preziosi.

What the fuck are you talking about you kuckle-dragging, banjo plucking Hick?

Why bother..do you think we're all as stupid as you?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Moonshine

You been drinking your own homebrew bootsniffer?

Think it's addled your brain.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle