Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I would say

the bike won because of stoner. It was obviously good enough to win, because he won, as is the case with every world championship there has ever been. What seems to be unique to this particular era, and almost unique to that championship (the 2006 championship was perhaps somewhat similar) is the need to find reasons why another rider really should have won instead of him.

Capirossi finished 7th btw, over 200 points behind Stoner, despite starting the season as the lead rider and strongly contending for the title in 2006.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Capirossi..

Was good..but not in the same class as Max Biaggi.

They raced against eachother in the top class - 500/MotoGP - 2000 through 2005..Six seasons.

Head-to-head, Capirossi lost out in the championship standings every time, he didn't beat him once.

Biaggi won 10 races, had 43 podiums, 20 poles and 11 fastest laps.

Loris won 4 with 26 podium, 10 poles and 5 fastest laps.

Can you imagine what Max would have done on the 800 Ducati in 2007?

Biaggi never ever beat Rossi head-to-head over the same period. It's a landslide in the other stats.

Now..can you imagine what Rossi would have done on the 2007 Ducati?

Doohanfan..you've been banging on the last few days, stating there is no evidence Rossi could have ridden the bike to success like Stoner, trying to convince yourself like many of the fked up fanboys here that 2007 was all about Casey's talent as opposed to the bike he rode and the obvious advantages it had.

If a second division Loris, whose head was sheded and who should have finished 4th that year, could achieve what he did on the bike..just transport yourself to that imaginary place you regard as reality - Bulto & Nostro are already there, you'll be fine - and suck on them apples, Muppet.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

That's not a reason I need DF

Casey won it, no one else should have. Ducati had an edge and Casey used it superbly. Capirex struggled, but did show glimmers of being able to get to grips with it.

Knowing what they know now and given his results Ducati certainly wouldn't have given him the boot so quickly.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Interesting comments

Interesting comments from Rossi, I seem to remember Stoner making similar ones before he left Ducati. They can’t both be talking shit.

Would Stoner have won in 2007 without the Bridgestone Tyres and the Speed advantage that the Ducati had, answer see 2008.

Would Stoner have won 2011 without the other two lead riders being injured, answer see 2012.

I think Stoner knew this and retired because of it.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

wosi

You are the one constantly arguing the negative case here with varying degrees of coherence, and we both know you started this way before some of your opponents gave you post hoc justification.

Please point out the vicious slanders I have made against rossi, other than pointing out that a couple of riders who won championships against him, whilst their careers are still dwarfed by his career achievements, possibly deserve some credit.

What exactly do you think that stoner should have done at ducati, other than ride the bike the only way it could be ridden, and developing the bike it would seem the only way it could be developed to be competitive. You are on record on this thread and others vehemently denouncing ducati for not totally re-designing their engine as well as being tardy about totally changing their chassis design. If this is actually what is necessary, how exactly do you think stoner could have accomplished it? Who exactly do you think would have had better results than him on the ducati?

I am happy with what stoner has achieved , I am happy to acknowledge that both he and even mick doohan, the other australian rider I supported avidly during his career did not match rossi's achievements. I am not the one insisting that either of them or any other rider is an invincible superhero who has never been fairly beaten.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

ooooh..get you tiger.

You're happy because you're on drugs..

hahaha..fkin lightweight.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

nice try tris

but wosi when he trolls at last hangs together some sort of argument, specious though it may be. You will have to do a little better to merit a reply.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

yeah we all know what Biaggi and Rossi did Wosi

on Hondas and Yamahas.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

yes tris

You are probably quite correct there and he probably had a good idea how good Marquez would be on the best bike as well.
Would have like to seen Marquez thrashing Stoner.
No way will he ever come back now.
doohanfan you are wasting your time with that numpty wosihound.
We all know what he thinks because he has told us 1000's of times....same old crap from the likes of him.bulto and a few others.
Can we look to the future for a change?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

BAAA-Hahahaha..

I fkin love this site.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale