Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Rossi at Ducati

Never sussed it out. Never. 23 wins to Stoner, zero to Rossi. 

That's not just being 23 times better, it's infinitely better, because 23 divided by zero is infinity.  Suck it up, Rossicesses.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Well F**knuckle

You might have had a case if he hadn't fallen apart at the seams in 2008. Oh, and 2009, and 2012.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I gather what you're actually saying Wosi

is the reason Rossi's right wrist is as limp as it is now comes down to the fact he's suffering from delayed post 500 stress disorder.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Blinkered Rossi trolls..

Rossi was faster on his debut than Stoner was on the CF-D16 2010, when he started that FIVE OWN FAULT race crash spree, which completely shoots to pieces Casey TAMED the bike.

He was also faster than Stoner when he finished in 2009.

Blinkered Stoner fans only look at the three PRESSURE FREE races at the end of the year.

"He left a winning bike." the sheep bleat.

Well it wasn't competitive because of the crashes, which came because Stoner rode it over the knife edge.

2010..in a field of six rookies and with two main rivals having Seven races off with broken bones, Stoner finished 4th. The same as he'd done the year before.

Why did it take Stoner and Gabbarini until September that year to get the bike up front and winning WITHOUT any new parts if they'd SUSSED the bike?

Ducati said they wanted a bike that everybody could ride. Rossi was supposed to be the man who guided this process for them.

Rossi sussed the bike was a pile of shit the first few laps he rode and set about getting the job done. Ducati and Preziosi's egos couln't accept what was staring them straight in the face, and had been doing for years. They didn't live up to their half of the bargain and threw away a golden chance to rebuild.

Marsellus Wallace: Night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that shit.

Exactly what point was there for Rossi to go there, ADAPT, and for Ducati to continue down the same dead end road as before?

And Bulto..

I think you're confusing ELECTRONICS with ELECTRICS. The NSR ran carburettors and throttle cables right to the end if I remember right..can get your head around what that means?

Electronic RIDER AIDS do what they say on the tin and are a completely different kettle of fish. The NSR had none of that namby pamby shit.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What a big long whiney Wosi tirade of nothingness

Rossi said after his first ride on the Duke that 'this was a proper old school GP machine'. A bike that needs to be ridden with his claws, a bike he said he would need to adapt himself to. He couldn't. He failed in a manner few champions have.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Thanks to Doohan....

If Honda had their way, the gadgets would have been here a lot sooner.....

"By '95 HRC's engineers must've been getting bored, because they started firing high-tech gizmos at Doohan and his team-mates. The world champ rejected them all: water injection for improved mid-range power, an anti-wheelie device for easier starts, semi-active suspension and so on."

Itoh's Hockenheim 200mph rocketship had fuel injection, but again Doohan dismissed it.

I remember watching the last 500's against the brand new 1000's. Good riders like Barros and Capirossi were getting completely blown away by the new bikes...not dissimilar to the prototype/CRT's now......

Going to 4 stroke was the best thing that could happen

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Shite..

He rode it as fast as Stoner start of 2010*(meant 2011) WITHOUT crashing..

Who's retired, scared for his future health now he's got a bit older and has a family?

Why the fuck have you packed it in Nostro?

Stoner & Gabbarini were weak and let things slide. The bike was flawed and they couldn't stop the rot.

I notice Ducati haven't taken your advice and switched back to the CF concept?..Why's that then?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Hang on

Bulto boy slagged me off for saying anything about Burgess on another thread now he is quoting him. Finally realised that Burgess is the greatest chief mechanic the sport has seen then?

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Wosi, you know I like hearing well thought out arguments and it doesn't matter which side of the fence they're on but honestly mate, you really need to take a step or two back. I used to enjoy most of your little rants but now I have to force myself to read your comments and often forget the original subject cause you cover so many topics in two or three paragraphs.

You know the rules buddy, keep it simple and stick to the subject and we might all broaden our minds a little.

Now what do you reckon about big Kev being shown the door at Texas, funny or fkn what?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

With respect Bob..read the "tirade of nothingness" post again.

I reckon it has more to do with the original subject than most lately?

Revvin Kevin'?..Now there was a PROPER racer..Electronic sparkplugs, coils and all. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices