Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Schwantz

Briefly - Kevin was denied access to COTA to coach Blake Young.  He says he was invited by LCR as a guest - COTA says he was not invited by them and kicked him out.   It is well known that Kevin has a law suit going throught the legal system suing COTA over a dispute about whether he was instrumental in bringing MOTOGP to Texas.

This is a quote from the American publicationCYCLEWORLD:- ''Reaction by the motorcycle racing community has been swift and falls almost entirely in favor of Schwantz. Facebook lit up over the statement by Schwantz and reactions range from boyco tting the race to wearing Kevin Schwantz branded gear to the event to show solidarity to the Hall of Famer.''

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes wosi

rossi did better in races which he finished in 2010 which stoner didn't finish in 2009.

I suspect bob has given up because possibly being more perceptive than I am he realised what you are actually on about. If you are engaging in a little casual sophistry for the hell of it, or  being gratuitously nasty because you are so inclined, this is all fun. If you are actually arguing your sincerely held beliefs, absurd though I may rightly or wrongly consider them to be, then it isn't. I say this without denying that I have an emotional investment as a stoner fan.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Revvin' Kevin

Problem here is the same as it's always been. The coil was not always properly attached to the sparkplug.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yep

nostradamus, kevin was a fantastic and above all very brave rider who succeeded  considerably despite mostly having inferior equipment, but like the similarly brave wayne gardner never the sharpest tool in the shed.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

HaHa

''Problem here is the same as it's always been. The coil was not always properly attached to the sparkplug.''

Bit like your good self  then Nostro ?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Past and present

its no good arguing over what an rider, may have done on whoevers bike, at whatever given period in time, because it cant never be proven what would actually have happened.

We can only draw logical conclusions based on the evidence available, without being swayed with personal preferences.

My believe/opinions are these, and yes they have altered over time as the evidence has changed.

1. Rossi has been the most shrewd and consistent rider of the past 16 years and deserved his standing in the sport. Yes he has his weakness'es ego, minding games abit of favouritism from the organisers( due to the crowd he pulls in) and the Stoner fans loath him for it, he's everything  Casey wasnt.

2. Stoner was/is a totally different animal, he had to do it the hard way( no sliver spoon like Rossi) and battle his way to the top. His fast but crash filled style created a image (undeserved it turns out) as fast but pushing to hard.

Faster than anyone on his day but lacked the common sense to ride for points when required to wins titles instead of races. If i was his manager i would tell him that was a flaw. Sorry IMHO

3. Ducati the little factory that they are/were punched above their weight in 07 and came up with a bike and rider package that was better than everything else that every and fully deserved the title. But what changed there after?

4.Yamaha and honda quickly caught up and then passed them in the technological side of things, better run teams bigger budgets and let ducati floundering as the gap has widened every year.

5.The bike are so computer controlled now ,eveyones greatest rider (whoever they think it is) couldnt beat a good rider on a brilliant bike (spies in the fly in the ointment in that theory)  The human brain cant react faster than a computer

Pedrosa hasnt suddenly rasied it to another level after 7 years, his bike is the best AND he's always been a top rider, maybe half a percent short of the very best thats all.

Stoner proved that with all he did achieve at Ducati after 07 with his race wins and podiums , but the bike still went backwards didnt it.?

So Rossi made a stupid 80 second fix jibe/joke? stupid to the exstreme as it turned out. Desperate measures to try sort at a flawed package, having to find an overnight miracle solution that was never there.

Rossi and Stoner are both right Ducati cant deal with criticism and need to head back to the drawing board.

All the argument and counter argument are just fanboy points scoring on both sides in here and gets very dull at times ( but can full up time if your very bored)

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Where has this gone ?

Revisited  and boring off season. Actually can't wait for Sepang race. Hey,Saturn, I just know your hero is going to prove me wrong. I have not placed bets yet. Too many anomalies to algorithm and anyway I lost a pile of money last year. I figured Stoner would race for the title rather than the event. Full of surprises he was. Do or die at the Sachsenring. Comes back to cream 'em at Laguna,busts a leg and Championship at Indy.

I also figured Spies would be in much of the hunt. Did not pan out.

Shit happens and don't try to contact me,I prefer vagina's.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Why Sepang ?

Sepang 2013 that is. Lost in the fog. The Malaysian circuit generally spits out a World Champion even when a loser wins the race. Do you get it ? Hell, I was pissed off with the proceedings Sepang 2010.

George would be well advised to stick the needle in as early as Qatar.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Balanced and right on the money CCB - Talking of which..

"I prefer Vagina's."

What happened to this years Spies bet Bootlicker?..the one that had you picking him in front of Rossi for a win this year?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Probably trolling around

Just like you Wosi. Does your dog bite?.Will it scratch? I'm listening. YOU  SAID IT and advertised it as such given the mellow yellow /merle accompanying your piccie. Crikey. Hullo Inspector Clouseau(something like that). S'cuse my English.

Spies bet ! Sure it would be a dumb bet. Anything Ducatiwise/Gp/bet/current would be a no brainer.

Likewise,anything outside of the Spanish Amada 2013 will surely be entertaining across all classes.

Relax you bunch ! Let's see what Jerez throws up next week. Cheers for now.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices