Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Saturn

You maybe, 'prolly' or probably have a problem with those ouside of the Queen's English and generally outside of 'ol Blighty' for several centuries. That does not for one moment suggest we cannot recognize a 'crock' as a 'crock'.

Take heart son, I can half decently converse with you in your native tongue.

Back to topic. Did you hook up with Stoner's retort @superbikeplanet.com. ? Guess not !

Excuse my English.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yaawn..

Talking out of your front bottom again blutooth..

trying to compare modern day 4T bikes wedged to the yangers with space age RIDER AID electronics, all fat and lardy..with sylph-like 15 year old 2T machines that took real skill to master and had NO RIDER AIDS at all?

Why?..You can't be that stupid surely? Rossi really has got right under your skin hasn't he.

Talking about stupid..Honda brought the big bang NSR in for 1992 and we all saw how Casey tamed the GP10 by smashing the fk out of it eh? No wonder they didn't want to give him any new bits during the season.

Tell you what..talk to us on the evoution of the post stabiliser DT125. You might do a bit better.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

wosi

Sometimes you piss me off going on about ROSSI/STONER all day everyday but now we are talking real bikes you seem to understand a bit more than the dolt bulto.
He does seem to dream up these weird and wonderful ideas about things he obviously knows very little about...ie. 500 2 strokes.

dolt just because your boy is a huffy little whinger that can only win when he gets a sorted bike you have to try to discredit riders that could ride proper race bikes.TUT TUT.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bootsie

I knew what you meant I have an extended family in W,A. most of whom were born there,

Still sounds like a gay blokes umbrella tho'

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Panny..

why thankyou pal..You've gone right up in my estimation and can clearly tell a grizzled bike nut from a part time flouncer.

Believe me..I get sick of talking about the moaning Australian too, it's depressing.

On more than one occasion I've made a promise to leave it and look forward but, I just can't stop myself responding to juvenile fanboi intent on slagging off one of the greatest racers of all time.

Now't wrong with a bit of light hearted banter..but some of these jokers take themselves too seriously. Their comments are so completely devoid of humour and borderline manic..I feel they need educating about the error of their ways.

Nevertheless..I hear what you're saying and will try to concentrate on the positives going forward.

Thanks for listening..I feel better now, almost cleansed.

You have an unusual talent for bringing out the good Panny..have you thought about a career in the church?

God bless you.   

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

If wosi

you want to be serious about the actual topic clearly you are correct that ducati are trying to save their reputation after things haven't gone so well. You may well also be correct that they need a re-designed engine as well as a totally  re-designed chassis. This was never going to be possible in a 2 year span, let alone within 1 year which is what would have been necessary for rossi to be competitive for a championship, and it is entirely reasonable for him to want to be on a competitive bike. I think it is possible simultaneously for ducati not to have given valentino what he needed, as is obviously the case, but also for them to have tried fairly hard to accommodate him.

If you want to look for culprits imo ducati is not the only one, you should perhaps also look to those who devised the recent motogp formulae, and to the recent ever changing rules, particularly the tyre rules. I don't think you can blame stoner for ducati not having an aluminium space frame chassis or not having abandoned desmo valve actuation or whatever at the time of rossi's arrival at ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

500 2 smokes

No Wosi, no comparison between the 500 and current bikes for obvious reasons - even tanked up with apple juice, I doubt you could twist the meaning of what I wrote into that

This is what Doohan had to say about his '97 bike:

‘I felt that the advances with electronics had come along so far that we could tame it a little bit’ he says of his decision to return to a screamer engine when everyone else (including other manufacturers) were running big bangs.

I'll grant you that what Doohan says sometimes appears contradictory when speaking about electronics, but the fact is they had them as far back as '97 and they only got better.

Going to have to disappoint you again, but Rossi got under my skin...?? There may be a tattoo under the fore of yours but under mine - no chance

Believe me..I get sick of talking about the moaning Australian too, it's depressing.

Maybe you have got a sense of humour after all, that's funniest line you've delivered for ages

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Burgess talking about Rossi @ 2000

But the potential of Valentino was very, very obvious from the first tests. And that's when we had an engine with good middle-range power. When we went to the Criville engine, which we got last, which was just before the Grand Prix, we'd never run that engine. And the reason Valentino fell was always in the middle of the corner. Because suddenly there was nothing. And then you'd twist it a little bit more and there was too much. Once we got the engine back - and again, then when we had to go backwards in Suzuka - we were the last people to get the engine again. So they got all the '99-spec engines, or bits and pieces, and then we didn't get them 'til the end. If we'd had our .. if they'd left us on the '99-spec engine from Day One, we would've been World Champion.

Imagine Wosi, if this was being said about any rider other than Rossi. You'd be all over it like a rash, telling us how they hadn't the balls or throttle control to handle a 500 factory screamer

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

burgess and rossi

were very definitely correct in 2000. criville took mick doohan's bike to the world championship in 1999 (doohan had a career ending crash after race 2 but he and jb were presumably in charge of the development direction up until then) and took the official hrc team rapidly backwards in 2000, to the extent he was gone after 2001. Rossi even as a rookie with jb's assistance was able to take the honda straight back to the front, probably with a little assistance from his riding talent (a joke wosi).  

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

What is your point Bulto?

They got a peaky engine just before their first race that they hadn't tested with and he crashed a couple of times?

How long did it take Doohan to suss out the NSR?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices