Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Too much mountain dew again lickspittle?

A Spies bet is a dumb bet on any bike. Remember last year?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Thanks for the reminder Wosi

Guilty as charged. Ben to beat Valentino on any particular Sunday. I figure he will.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

DogBert

Can your Dog bite ? Guess not ! Can your dog find the will to win within the confines of the junk available to him ? I love game dogs a whole bunch more than ???? Oh yeah. GP topic.

DogBert !  Enjoy it while it lasts. Spies is no spring chicken and no doubt, given your comment, the bloke was a seriously unworthy SBK Champ back in 2009.

Fear not. ! On the Pramac/Sat/Factory Ducati in Austin  in a couple weeks time ,he's hardly going to upset Florence's applecart on the Factory M1.

Oh yeah! Harkening back to Ducati 2003. new entry,first win,Catalunya.

Generally,you Stoner Moaner's hate Ducati because of 2007.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Woooooof

You don't often get an unworthy champ. Spies wasn't, Stoner wasn't either.

Generally,you Stoner Moaner's hate Ducati because of 2007.

Not me Booty, although saying he won in 2007 "within the confines of the junk available to him" is probably going to start the whole thing off again.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

wosi

Where do you this constant stoner is a crasher crap?....2007 no crashes....2008 2 crashes....2009 no crashes.....2010 5 crashes, while still trying to put the bag shite on the podium...which he still managed 9 times....and this is a man u say has no balls and is flaky under pressure!!!....where does that leave vale then...his performance was as woeful as spies and look at the derision he has got.......vale got on a bike which the previous spent 50% of the time on the podium.....what put it there?....stoner or the bike?

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

does yourdog bite...

?..no....ggggrrrrrr...I thought your dog doesn't bite?......it's not my dog

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Alex

Bulto boy slagged me off for saying anything about Burgess on another thread now he is quoting him. Finally realised that Burgess is the greatest chief mechanic the sport has seen then?

I quoted Burgess as Wosi couldn't then dispute what was said by throwing out his fanboy accusations - that's all there was to it.

I don't doubt Burgess is good at his job, I just don't subscribe to the hype that he and Rossi did what was claimed by the more fanatical of his fanbase. As for greatest chief mechanic the sport has ever seen, how do you attribute that? Without a rider in the team that could win, his name wouldn't be as widely known as it is now. He's had as many years without success as he's had with it.

How do you know that there isn't another chief mechanic every bit as good or better, but without the full package of rider / bike, he/she will remain unknown in wider circles.

Sorry, but I just don't go in for all this 'greatest' stuff, it's far too subjective as well as dependent upon circumstances, good and bad fortune and being in the right place at the right time.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

''How do you know that there isn't another chief mechanic every bit as good or better, but without the full package of rider / bike, he/she will remain unknown in wider circles''

We don't!

That applies to all and everything - only known quantities can be measured and Burgess is a known quantity with the greatest success of other known mechanics of his era. In previous era's you could name Nobby Clarke and Kel Carruthers.   For the 90's to present though it has to be Burgess.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

But wouldn't you agree, if Honda hadn't changed the bike to how Doohan wanted for '92 he may not have won as many titles or races and if Rossi had say signed for Yamaha instead of Honda, Burgess may not have been part of a winning team again.

Citing someone as most successful I have no issue with. Calling them greatest when their success is dependent upon others as well as themselves, I have.

The biggest influence over losing / winning is the bike, by far. Without that, no matter how good the mechanic and rider are, they are generally not going to win if the bike isn't capable.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Are you sure bulto

The biggest influence over losing / winning is the bike, by far.

So if that is the case why have so few riders won on the Ducati and why has Pedrosa never won a Moto GP championship?

saturn remember anyone or anything associated with Rossi bulto takes an instant dislike to.
Burgess is a genius  to most apart from bulto.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices