Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

your first sentence is if's but's and wherefore's  as  said before we can only judge by what know. There may have been others capable of the same buth there wasn't - what is, is  maybe's don't count.

Your second point greatest - most succesful - same thing in my book.

Third point - yes the bike is a major factor but development is ongoing and it takes skill to keep the bike on the pace and skill to ride it to victory..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well I apologise

for backtracking on this one - I know I said I don't believe in this greatest nonsense, but I'll have to make an exception

Buell, the greatest tit of all time with his usual constructive addition to a discussion. Do you have anything original to add?

Take your genius remark and then look at it in the context of what I said.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

1st point  -  but that's my point - it is subjective as there is no constant to measure against

2nd point  -  to me, most successful and greatest may / may not be the same. Success requires being part of an overall package and it's quite feasible for someone with more talent / skill / ability /  whatever than another not to be part of the most successful package. So the one with more talent will have less success than the other. Does that make the other 'greater' or more successful?

3rd point  -  Seems we're both agreeing on the same point here which, in the case of Burgess is, no matter how good a spanner man he is, if Doohan and Rossi hadn't done the winning, he'd be largely unheard of and not held in the regard that he is.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

I'm struggling with your logic here - we can only make  judgements on what we know - it's not subjective that Burgess has been the spanner man involved with 11 world championships, it's fact. 

If there had been no Elvis the person in my avatar would have been King of Rock n Roll ..... but there was an Elvis so the guy in my picture wasn't.   Simples!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

I'm sick of this shit about burgess

It's as simple as this....the factory build the bike......if the bike is good out the box and only needs slight tweeks between tracks and the rider gels with the bike all should be good.....if the bike is shit out the box and tweeks big or small still make no difference and the rider can't gel with the bike...then god himself can be the crew chief he still won't make jack shit difference......a crew chief tries to gel ideas from the tyre guy, electronics guy etc

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

The only point I'm making, which is why I don't go in for this greatness stuff, is that if the riders hadn't won the races you wouldn't have heard of the mechanic. Doohan / Rossi would have won with any competent crew if the bike was good enough, which it was. And you have to assume that any crew working for a motogp or F1 team are going to be competent.

Example - do you think if Rossi had worked with Gibernau's crew he wouldn't have won a race or a title? Or if Lorenzo had worked with Pedrosa's crew?

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

bulto

Exactly

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

would people....

On here be saying burgess makes the difference for rossi,if he hadn't gone to ducati with rossi?......it would be rossi didn't win at ducati because he didn't have burgess with him........good job he went cos it shows the crew chief makes fuk all difference who it is

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

he logic according to Bulto and Simon

only the bike and the rider counts - might as well not have crew chiefs - they're not worth jack shit.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

crew chiefs

The guy at tech3 who's name escapes me has forgot more about engineering than burgess knows.....so why aren't tech3 motogp champions saturn?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices