Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Hi all.

This is my first post so a warm welcome to all.

I do remember Stoner saying similar things about Ducati. And now Rossi as well. But in a unRossi way. Very rare for these comments from Rossi directed to a manufacturer.

Perhaps we are all, including the riders, a little impatient for racing to start.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

The words of Doohan

Speaking to MCN, five-time (1994-1998) 500cc motorcycle GP racing world champ Mick Doohan has said that Honda and Yamaha should have tried harder to break up the Valentino Rossi-Jeremy Burgess partnership, which has already won seven premier class world titles in MotoGP. ‘If I was Yamaha or more importantly Honda, I’d been offering JB and that crew anything it took to get them away from Valentino, to undermine that operation,’ said Mick. ‘You need to unsettle that combination. JB has proven his worth. He’s got lots of world championships under his belt so he’s worth every cent. It’s a cheap investment by the other teams to try and do that. It just makes sense. Even if it was another one or two million dollars on top of what the budget for the year is going to be, for them to have the chance of winning the championship, to spend that extra bit to win is worth every cent,’ added Doohan.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

bulto

My ideas are not pre-conceived as you like to put it and I understand exactly what is being talked about and it seems you have very little knowledge on the subject yourself.
Your only agenda on this forum is blatantly obvious to most and you biased views are purely speculation on what you read and what you want to believe.
Why have you not answered any of my questions?
I will ask you again.Have you spoken to anyone who has worked with Burgess and let them tell you what he is like?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

Why have you not answered any of my questions?

When do you ever answer a direct question? And why ask it as it's pretty bloody obvious I haven't met a rider who has worked with Burgess otherwise I'd have taken a leaf out of your book and name dropped.

Now, for the last time, I have no problem accepting that Burgess is good at his job. But I don't like it when people refer to someone as 'the greatest' as in a lot of instances I find it disrespectful to ohers who may be just as good if not better, but who haven't been afforded the same opportunities to show it. Most successful I have no problem with, best or greatest I don't like because it IS subjective unless there is an infallible way of measuring or deciding it. There isn't. What usually happens is that something gets said by some pundit, his sidekick picks up on it and then someone else and someone else until all of a sudden it has become fact - as in mention it often enough and everyone believes it.

Take the 'singer' Adele who is being lauded far and wide as one of the best singers/performers to ever grace a stage. She's been hyped out of all proportion until everyone believes it. Because she is in this elevated state they must give her recognition, so she is nominated for and recieves, dear god, an oscar for Skyfall - the worst, most dreary, dirgeful bond theme ever produced and I never thought there would be one worse than Madonna's. Add to that she sings out of tune, has to go falsetto repeatedly and can't hold a note

BUT - she is the greatest female singer of her generation - because others in the biusiness say so

See my point Buell.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So Alex

You're saying, by association to what Doohan said, that Rossi was not capable of winning without Burgess as he wasn't good enough and needed Burgess to set his bike up for him (not sure how a team member can set a bike up for a rider who isn't good enough to know / tell him what  he wants.... and if he knows what he wants he tells the crew chief...!!??)

My opinion is that Rossi would have won the same titles with another crew chief because he was good enough to beat the opposition he had and he had good bikes. The bikes were not designed or developed by Burgess.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

just to mention skyfall

The hype took that to another level when the film is absolutely shite....on the crew chief importance...99% is how good the bike is from the factory, how good the rider is and if bike and rider gel so the rider can reach the limit without pushing to hard......the rest is just tinkering by the crew at the whim of the rider.....not taking anything away from burgess....but doohan and rossi would have won regardless of burgess being there or not.....they were the best riders on the best bikes.....rossi could not gel with the ducati.....and burgess did nothing to improve it for him,that shows the bike has to be good so the rider can gel with it....and only the factory can make a good bike...not the crew

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Adele

It's cause she's a fatty, seems to be the way these days. If you're a plump woman, or a grotesque (Susan Boyle), and have a bit of singing talent, your given superstar status. Probably a justifiable overreaction given the number of skinny, talentless bints there are out there.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Dogbert

Be fair man

Susan Boyle can actually sing and very well too

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

lol lol

Who's got the mcn x factor!!!! !

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

for sure

I see the point you are trying to make but you have admitted not knowing anyone or speaking to anyone that has worked with Burgess.
You are only going by what you read and what you want to believe about him.
He is far more than a spannerman and is most definitely one of the best crew chiefs ever in Moto GP if not the best.
Yes Doohan and Rossi would still have won without him but not so much and not so consistantly.
Anyone or anybody that has worked with him will tell you the same thing and none of them will tell you they know anyone better and that is a fact.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices