Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I'm just posting rubbish so WillieWheelBreaker can see his 300 posts on here - should be 297 now.

Come on guys another 3 posts  to make his day !!

MCN  X factor ?    It ain't you Simon. lol lol

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Yes Doohan and Rossi would still have won without him but not so much and not so consistantly.

Why not?

You're saying that in exactly the same circumstances, same team, same bike, same opposition, with another crew they wouldn't have won as much.

When putting your case you conveniently skip the 5 years I mentioned that Burgess and Doohan didn't win. Why? What are your thoughts on that. The crew chief was the same, the rider was the same, the team was the same - so what made the difference from the first 5 to the last 5 years?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Dear me

Sometimes I wonder what your objective is?
Either you are a bit dense or you just like to argue to try to prove yourself correct which you rarely do.

In answer to your stupid question do you really think riders especially back then against stiff opposition can just suddenly dominate or do you think there is a learning curve?

Seeing you have never spoken to anyone that knows Burgess here is a little snippet for you.

Despite up to eight rivals on non factory HRC Honda motorcycles Doohan's margin of superiority over them was such that in many races Doohan would build a comfortable lead and then ride well within his limits to cruise to victory. Although pure riding skill clearly played a large part in his success, the ability of his chief race engineer, Jeremy Burgess, to perfect the suspension and geometry of a racing motorcycle gave him an enormous advantage over his rivals.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

As I said, why couldn't Burgess do that in the first 5 years? How about:

Out of the three components of the team, rider, bike and crew, Burgess and Doohan were constants in those 10 years. The competitiveness of the bike wasn't. When he had the right bike he won. Burgess nor anyone else could do anything with an uncompetitive bike.

And it's not wise to quote from Wikipedia - have you read the first line of your snippet?

Despite up to eight rivals on non factory HRC Honda motorcycles  - was no-one else on a factory Honda?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

piss taker

If you are as clever as you like to make out I am sure you can work it out.
My point is Burgess is far better than you like to give him credit for.He is far more than a spannerman,has far more knowledge than most engineers about race bikes and is admired by everyone in the racing world and most on this forum apart from you.Strange that eh.
Show me any negative views about him that back up your views.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I think you've lost sight of what my views are because as I said before, you read my comments with pre-conceived ideas and your reply is already formed before you've reached the end of the first line.

It's you who refuses to be objective.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

lost sight?

Jeez your incredible......as I said your replies are so predictable.
I know what you think about Burgess.
I know what you think about Rossi.
It is you that has lost sight on reality through your animosity.
Now I am off for a pint and some sensible conversation with a few ex racers one of which has raced with Rossi's Dad but I will not tell you his name incase you accuse me of name dropping again.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

that's correct saturn

But being as only gayboys enter...I'd say u got a good chance of winning.....apply immediately

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Here's an idea..

The crew chief was the same, the rider was the same, the team was the same - so what made the difference from the first 5 to the last 5 years?

err..Rainey and Schwantz?..possibly a gammy leg?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

doohan and rossi

seem to think jb was helpful anyway. Stoner gives considerable credit to gabbarini, and honda have put him in charge of marquez's team, and many including jorge give lorenzo's crew chief a deal of credit also.

I am not sure that the performances of the other hondas against doohan come into it much. Doohan was reputedly racing against several other identical hondas in some years, but as I recall they also gave his settings to other honda riders, something which didn't best please mick.

I think BB has a point, that jb would not have won championships with other riders during rossi's  and doohan's best years, but it is also likely mick and valentino would have had other crew chiefs of a high degree of excellence if they had not had him; nevertheless it is jb that they and/or honda and yamaha chose above anyone else. I also think rossi's ducati misadventure may have been avoided had he listened more to jb, as jb particularly in an Australian TV interview  in 2010 before rossi had signed for ducati was not keen on the idea of going there, or impressed with ducati's capabilities in comparison with yamaha.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices