Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'I wish I was raised in the sixties' General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Rossi: 'I wish I was raised in the sixties'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Rossi: 'I wish I was raised in the sixties'

Valentino Rossi says he thinks he'd have had a better life on and off the track if he'd been born in the early sixties like his hero Kevin Schwantz. He makes the comments in a world exclusive in-depth interview  you can read in MCN – in print or on iPad – on Wednesday. Rossi says: "I would love to be in those...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:52)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

Rossi "nostalgia" for the Sixties

This is so typical statement of champion driver who knows that he is on the end of his career, in addition to all of us who are "infected" with the smell of gasoline in eighties ... can understand Rossi's regret for the fact that he did not drive the race, then ... then the race of MOTOGP and F1. were almost diametrically opposed to the way of life which racers live ... Sir. Stirling Moss, also comment way of life of present days drivers he said that he sincerely sorry for the guys who are now engaged in this sport (he talk about F1 drivers but also in general for similar kind of ultimate racing drivers)... "in my time, only obligation which I have had for the team, it's to show mine #ss up at practice, and to show up on the position line on race day, after the race .. more or less all mine obligation after the team is ended(to the next race weekend in calendar), then all of my colleagues and I headed to night life. This poor guy's today after the race must to go around from one "monkey show"(Moss words) to the other, for sponsors, for TV's, for...etc..endless obligation to all other but not for them self"...than again in F1all that is linked to the radical change in the plain and simple risk for drivers to lose they life in those days, and which degree of same risk, drivers in Formula1 is exposed to day. But i think that main point in the words of Sir.Moss and Rossi regrets for some past better days is freedom in drivers life and much tighter friendship bondage between drivers, no meter those he is from "most fearsome competition team" or not. That is something which do not exist in present "Racing circus" .This days is days when two team drivers need separation wall in same garage.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

I bet this time tomoz there will be a sea of negative comments... I just think don't bother commenting at all, too many people love to hate. I mean 9 WDCs for Rossi, what have you done with your life?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

One the other hand...

Today's MotoGP riders and F1 drivers are getting paid thousands of dollars/pounds/Euros per hour for making those off-track appearances.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

What a Dummy

Casey Stoner has been saying the whole thing sucks for years now and this douchebag has only just cottoned on, almost as dumb as some of his fans.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Sign of the times. The PC, corporate-bureaCRAPcy we live in attempts to suck the joy and life out of everything we do in this world, in an attempt to turn us all into mindless, obedient consumers. Fuck them!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I dont blame him

You will never hear about lorenzo blowing up a whorehouse or being banned from every car hire firm in the world like Stavros Parrish.I have read a book about racing in the 60's 70's and 80's and the racers were all bloody mad womanisng fag smoking head cases. I cant remember the rider but back in the 60's this guy came 3rd at spa pissed up still from a party, he turned up got on the bike and raced an hour after leaving the party.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

"Casey Stoner has been saying the whole thing sucks for years now and this douchebag has only just cottoned on, almost as dumb as some of his fans".

Yeah Casey Stoner would have been it bed by 7pm though whinging at himself.

Reply to this Topic
Harry44

Jun 07

Harry44 says:

I also wish I was born in the sixties. Cos then I would be ten years younger.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

JustBe?

"I mean 9 WDCs for Rossi, what have you done with your life?"

Amongst many other things I've had a hand in designing & building a hospital which, being near Donington, has tended the injuries of many bike racers (Troy Bayliss for one) for which I hope they, & many others, are grateful.

We all have our roles to play... Rossi is a very highly paid & successful entertainer. Without spectators & fans like you he would have nothing. What do you do?

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

I was born in the 60's. It wasn't that great. Times were tough. Socially things were better. At least, people had real friends, not virtual facebook ones and as a kid getting to 17 in the late 70's I could ride 250cc 2 strokes with my mates. 

I think time has just taken its toll on working class 60's England and turned it into a middle class 21st century. Office jobs in the 60's were for people without any real skills. Today people, without any real skills, witter on about no brainers, clouds and return on investment, while those few that manufacture things, aren't really appreciated for their skill.

Now I think about it, growing up in the 60's wasn't so bad after all.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices