Skip to content

BMW Video: BMW F800GT first ride F800GT

You are in... Forums > BMW > F800GT > Video: BMW F800GT first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: BMW F800GT first ride

The new BMW F800GT aims to be a daily commuter, load-lugging tourer and weekend fun ride. The GT replaces the F800ST, which has been a decent seller in the middleweight touring bracket since 2006. The new bike has a new fairing, more power, changed riding position and updated parts to reposition it as a true touring machine rather than a faired version...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 16:00)

Post a message in F800GT

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sykospain

Mar 13

sykospain says:

F800GT

Typical anti-BMW comments !  OK, so Frau Quandt who owns BMW - it's still a purely private company - used to have a relative who was a girlfriend of Goebbels, ( younger bikers: "Who's Goebbels ? ) but so what - the bikes are well built, not built down to a price, are very reliable as I know having owned 9 of them in the last 25 years, and provided you don't take them to a main concessionaire for out-of-gurantee servicing, but use a BMW-trained freelance mechanic instead, the servicing costs and general maintenance are no more expensive than Asian-manufactured bikes. My only comment on the new 800GT would be the regrettable abandonment of the fuel-tank-replacement storage facility called the "Stuffbox" that was designed by David Robb for BMW and was a terrific USP on the earlier 650cc Scarver.

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

BMW Owners

I think all the major bike manufacturers now have very similar mostly high standard build quality. I think BMW owners are generally more careful with their bikes and tend to look after them a bit more than say Suzuki GSX owners. (only an observation not a scientific survey). I can keep a cheap older bike in tip top condition if I have the desire to do so. Keep up with service schedules,regular cleaning e.t.c.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices