Skip to content

HONDA Video: Honda CB1100 old vs new CB1100

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CB1100 > Video: Honda CB1100 old vs new

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Video: Honda CB1100 old vs new

The all-new Honda CB1100 is intended as a faithful 'homage' not juut to the original CB750K0 of 1969 but also to Honda's whole family of celebrated air-cooled CB fours of the '70s. But how well does it pull it off? brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 16:10)

Post a message in CB1100

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Double Standards

So ~40-HP for a 750 cc Moto Guzzi or 883cc Sportster, and ~55-HP for a 1200cc Sportster is just fine, but ~80-HP from an 1100cc Honda is unacceptable? And unlike the others, the Honda runs smoothly enough you could ride it from coast to coast (US, that is – a wee bit farther than doing LEJOG).

And the Honda is over-priced, while other bikes with lesser performance, handling, comfort and quality cost 50% again as much, but are free from the same criticism?

As for the styling, many of us are of an age where British bikes were old things from defunct manufacturers, Italian bikes were unreliable odd-balls, Harley-Davidson's wore poorly made bikes ridden by surly unpleasant people, and “real motorcycles” were UJM's.

The Japanese manufacturers have been damn good to overcome the cultural/racial deck stacked against them – the bikes had to be much better then the European and US brands to even get considered.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

piglet

I think the Honda is a very nice Retro That appeals to those of us from the era that this bike would come from. However, Like all the other bikes you have mentiond.... It is overpriced and under powered ....in comparison to other bikes on the market.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Seems a nice attempt by Honda to keep in with the latest  fad  ,which is the retro market . But what"s the big deal with B.H.P. figures ? . Anybody buying this type of bike wouldn"t be that bothered about ,out & out power . One of the best selling bikes of this type was the 1200  Bandit  and that didn"t turn -out that much more power . Unless  you want/need  a  bike with the latest  number plate or  are a hard riding & high milage rider  ,why bother ? . Over the last few years I have owned a few old muscle bikes , they are fast , powerfull ,and are unburstable . Even high mileage examples run great and never break down , spares are cheap & plentyfull - but best of all  old fella"s [like me]  own & nurse them , are cheap[ish] to buy and can be used on classic insurance ,which is peanuts . I bought my 1997 Yam.X.J.R.1200  for £1300 last year with 19,000  miles and  about £ 3000+  worth of  engine , exhaust ,shock and brake upgrades ,off an old man who was packing -in riding  . The only thing I have bought is a new choke cable £ 8  . Insurance £ 92  with  Just motorcycle insurance .

Reply to this Topic
Boxer12

Jan 13

Boxer12 says:

@billyboy and piglet

Sorry boys, I stopped reading after the first line, Keep it short next time, don't go into one. Key word "COMMENT" not sa !!!!

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

@Piglet

...you've hit the nail right on the head there matey, this is never an issue with the Bonneville, its the pathetic keyboard warriors with a serious dislike of anything Japanese who are infesting MCN and have made me grow weary of the whole site.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

2 into 1s!

One of the very few bikes that would tempt me away from my Bonnie, but Lord it's crying out for 2 into 1s...sod realism.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices