Skip to content

Ask an Expert Mugello Moto GP 2013 - HELP! Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Mugello Moto GP 2013 - HELP!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MaggieD123

Mar 13

MaggieD123 says:

Mugello Moto GP 2013 - HELP!

Hi everyone

I am hoping to got to the Moto GP race at Mugello Fri 30 May - Sun 2 June.  From viewing flights i have narrowed my options down to flying into Pisa / Bologna.  Where though should we stay Bologna/ Florence/ Other???? 

The flights to Bologna run on Thursdays and Tuesdays so our planned trip is 29/5/2013 - 04/06/2013.  Has anyone done this before?  Where should we stay?  How can we access the circuit easily from our destination? (Est costs etc)

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 16:50)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
happylemon666

Mar 10

Mugello

Hi, this might be no use but I went to this a couple of years ago.  Thing is, I went on my bike (couple of days blasting down there, few days in he alps going home).  I therefore stayed in the Florence at the Hotel David (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187895-d203921-Reviews-Hotel_David-Florence_Tuscany.html) which was very nice, and had happy hour (free beer and nibbles etc).  This was about 30kms from the circuit, and proved just right on the bike.  I would imagine you'd be fine on Friday and Saturday, but come race day, get there early, and be prepared to spend yonks and yonks trying to get out.  If I had mates to go with, I'd have camped there, drinking.  If you have mates, you might want to consider hiring a camper of some sort, as that seemed to be the vehicle of choice at the circuit.  However, the people I met at the hotel who went in cars never seemed to have any trouble apart from Race day.  Gives you the opertunlty to have a meal out in Florence if that floats your boat!

Reply to this Topic
Markbark

Mar 13

Markbark says:

Mugello

Hello.  I can help.

Please look at our website.  www.polepositiontravel.com

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

italy

Maggie i would not worry there are lots of places to stay. as they say race day is very busy as the road to the track is small and there are lots of cars and bikes travelling down. I went a few years ago and am going this June. Although travelling with friends we are going by motorcycle to the track. We are travelling from Lake Garda but am not worried. The experience will be great. I am sure Rossi will want to show his home fans some action. I will have a red ducati t shirt on. Give me a wave if you see me. Vincenzo

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices