You are in... Forums > General > General > Preserving a signiture on a helemt

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Preserving a signiture on a helemt

Hey guys, I have just bought a signed John Mcguinness helmet and am wanting to use it for road use and was wondering if any one had any idea of how to preserve the signiture? 

Was thinking of something like that bike sheild? But has anyone done any thing like this before ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 March 2013 15:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

The seat unit on my track bike

is signed by Cal Crutchlow. I have covered it with bike shield type stuff. I know someone who had his SP1 front mudguard signed by Colin Edwards. Chuffed as fkk he went home, removed the mudguard and sprayed it with lacquer! Well, the solvents buggered up the marker pen ink! Not happy so don't do that!

My Cal one tho still looks great but it does look obviously covered so not perfect. Any better ideas would be interesting.....

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

i got a

99 Blade screen signed by Leon haslam, Cal Crutchlow, Ron Haslam and Tadao Baba..(Father Fireblade) :)  and ive preserved that by not putting it on the bike...

Learner.. even covering it with bike shield or a clear film may stop it rinsing out or wiping off, however, continued frequent use will cause the marker pen to fade over time fron UV/sunlight exposure and i dont think there is anything on the market that will prevent that that would be safe to put on a helmet........ :( 

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

this

is interesting as i got my seat cowl signed by ian hutchinson on r6 and would like to protect was thinking venture shield 

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

Well my helmet is

Signed by non other than the mighty mental 

Chris walker I never bothered trying to preserve it its still good :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
bigboots

Jan 10

bigboots says:

venture shield

works for me. Got Chris Walker to sign my replica about 3 years ago. Worn it in all weathers since, and it's fine!

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I got

Valentino Rossi to sign the old bubble screen on my gixxer in 2005, I rode it home, took the screen off and stuck it up in the attic....

It now has a protective 4mm thick layer of dust over it... where it shall remain for a while!

I'll let you know what kind of protection dust provides one day.. :tongue: personally, if you really value it, you should store it cos it aint just weather... If you come off and fuck the lid up you aint gonna be a happy bunny are ya???

:wink:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I got a...

Charlie Thomas signed Helmet  that's over 40 years old ... been sat in my Wardrobe wrapped in Brown paper and moth balls...waiting for the day that it might be worth something.

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

5 years later and looks great

Agostini signed a double bubble screen that I put on my F4. This was done 5 years ago and was not covered or protected. The silver autograph still looks great.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices