You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Taurus T3000 immobilsor

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Taurus T3000 immobilsor

I had this 9 year old imobilisor removed today from my 2002 yamaha fazer 1000 just like we was told by a guy on the phone who used to install the Taurus and had no problem removing it BUT thinking that was easy we now have no start when pushing start button plus the neutral light has gone out but not at first!? there  is Three connectors left where the Taurus was wired in too but not connected too with push fit. 

Power is going to lights!horn,indicators,ignition coils,also connectors to the kill switch and starter button , new starter relay is fitted .
so I got no idea AGAIN :upset:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 March 2013 17:25)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Yamaha Fazer 1000 2002

Hi Goldy1976

You need to find out why the neutral light isn't coming on,the bike is wired so if there isn't a signal to the ECU to tell it the light is out it wont start,it needs the signal from the switch to tell it its in neutral to allow it to start.This immobiliser may have been using this signal to the ECU as part or even all of its immobilisation????i don't????check the colour of the wires into the ECU then check if any of the wiring of the immobiliser has gone to these?.Great after market Alarms and immobilisers aren't they:upset: Good Luck

KCMC:tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Immobiliser

Hi mate.

I am tending my wounds after finally removing the neutral switch :smile and to find the connecting wire to be corroded ! But the switch plunger seems to look and work as it should  ..I cleaned the connecting wire and now we got a neutral light again .. BUT still no start .
The lights don't dim .
I will check the battery .

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Immobiliser

I have checked the start button and all is good as I can see... Out of the three block connectors the four way connector ..I have bridged two of the wires and at last the engine is trying to start but not  firing yet . I am sure the block connectors connect to a factory fitted alarm or immobiliser ???  . Had to stop because my eye balls has frozen :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Immobiliser

Immobiliser

Now I am defrosted I went out and had another go and tried bridging another connector and WHOOP WHOOP she is alive once again :laugh: for how long I no idea but for now she is alive !! And it only took 7 hours in the cold  lol .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices