You are in... Forums > General > General > Gloves

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Gloves

not the DannyG thread ! my buffalo leather gloves, 10 years old in May. They look fine on top but turn them over they've rotted, I put it down to my hands squidging about in them with sweat the last 2 hot summers so new ones asap. To top it off I dug out my spares and the RH is gone through also.

Have you got a bit of kit you know is finished but you can't quite bring yourself to throw them/it out ? The Buffalo's are still comfortable but hanging :upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 March 2013 19:04)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Yep

My Altberg riding boots. The soles are now slicks, the waterproofing has gone but they were perfect in every weather condition and a perfect fit, just like my normal Altberg boots. Perfect for walking in due to the walking boot sole and Achilles fex patch on the back. The only problem with them is that they didn't last very long (but a LOT of miles) and the lack of armour. 

I got some Daytonas instead but after an off (where I'm convinced they saved me from a broken ankle) one part of the stitching is gone and I'm not sure if it's safe to take another off or not. It's double stitched and glued so I'm pretty sure it will. Perhaps some superglue to make sure....

EDIT: Oh ancd some Richa gloves which they don't make any more. So good that my left forefinger actually wore through and I could feel the metal of the clutch before I decided I can't wear them any more. I normally replace kit well before it hits that level of wear. My new ones are better protected, better leather, this that and t'other but frankly they can't meet the comfort and feel of those Richa ones.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

I did patch

the left glove about 4 years ago, that's come away now, they look OK unless I wave to anyone :upset: when I do ditch them it'll be like having a pet put down and I'll feel bad like I've betrayed them.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

My old gloves....

Ive thrown them in the bin at least 3 times,then i go back and get them out.. Ive bought some nice new A stars (as modeled earlier with Banana) yet i'm still putting on the old smelly ones...  Vulc you have my sympathies.:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Hmm.

I've still got a TT leathers jacket I've had since 1982. :smile

Agree with Phil on the Altberg boots though,and Mike Sheehan is a great guy to deal with.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Mrs H

they'll have a decent burial :upset: then a week of mourning :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I'm Loving the comment....

"These two last hot Summers"....Ha Ha Ha Ha...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

They're fine

till I turn them over :upset:

Attached images:

1. DSCF9768  
  2. DSCF9769  
Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I bought

a pair of Ixon gloves last year, £25 I paid for them, and they quickly became my gloves of choice over my RST and Spada ones.

Sufficiently warm and dry in the cold and wet, without being over-bearingly hot in summer (they've been through sun, rain and snow) and without compromising on feel as some thicker gloves do.

Mine still have life left (a good bit I hope), because they will be missed when they're gone. Hopefully Ixon will still be around when the time comes for replacement.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Vulc...

Burn them, they have had it mate....:upset:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Chop em up

I'll cut them up then I can't drag em back out of the bin :laugh: