Skip to content

Ask an Expert Taurus t3000 immobilsor Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Taurus t3000 immobilsor

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Taurus t3000 immobilsor

Taurus T3000 immobilsor

I had this 9 year old imobilisor removed today from my 2002 yamaha fazer 1000 just like we was told by a guy on the phone who used to install the Taurus and had no problem removing it BUT thinking that was easy we now have no start when pushing start button plus the neutral light has gone out but not at first!? there  is Three connectors left where the Taurus was wired in too but not connected too with push fit. 

Power is going to lights!horn,indicators,ignition coils,also connectors to the kill switch and starter button , new starter relay is fitted .
so I got no idea AGAIN :upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 March 2013 19:09)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

immobiliser

Do the lights dim when pushing the starter button?

What voltage reading do you have at the battery?

Ask this guy how do you bypass the key transponder and the ignition barrel sensor ring.

Please note i hate bike alarms and immobilisers and insurance companies too.

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Immobiliser

Hi mate

I am tending my wounds after finally removing the neutral switch :smile and to find the connecting wire to be corroded ! But the switch plunger seems to look and work as it should  ..I cleaned the connecting wire and now we got a neutral light again .. BUT still no start .
The lights don't dim .
I will check the battery .

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Yamaha Fazer 1000 2002

Hi again

As you probably know by now Alarms and immobilisers are a pain in the back side,have you checked the fuses?also check the wiring and plug connector to the starter relay and the i think 30amp fuse.Check both the in and out heavy duty wires to the starter relay,question,why did you replace the starter relay anyway?.Check you haven't disturbed the emergency cut out or tip over switch which is i think near or next to the starter relay which you say you have replaced.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:  

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

I like my alarm/immobilisers.

A bloke on the phone who tells callers how to disable alarms/immobilisers? Sounds dodgy!

Did you want they alarm out because it was somehow known to be faulty, or simply because it was 9 years old? Was the bike running alright?

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Immobiliser

Hi James.

I phoned the number on the paper work for the immobiliser that came with the bike .
The bike was becoming tempermental so as I have replaced almost all relays,switches etc i thought it could be the immobiliser so phoned the number and a guy said how to remove it and it was easy to do as the immobiliser wires was only added to the wires and none was cut so i unsolderd the immobiliser wires and taped up the original...  Sorted I thought but no because when I push the start button I get nothing ! I have seen on a wiring diagram there is a wire coming from the starter switch straight to one off the three plugs for a alarm and these plugs are what the immobiliser was wired into so the question at the moment is does the 2002 fazer 1000 have a factory alarm ???

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Connections.

You could ask your alarm guy whether the loose plugs need to have return connections, -to complete a circuit, perhaps, although I guess he would have mentioned it before.

You've found corrosion so there could be more, perhaps within the start button (I've had that). It's fiddly in there, so rather than dismantling try a shot of electrical connector cleaner (Halfords) and give it a wiggle or three. Also look at the bunch of connectors behind the headstock.

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Immobiliser

I have checked the start button and all is good as I can see... Out of the three block connectors the four way connector ..I have bridged two of the wires and at last the engine is trying to start but not  firing yet . I am sure the block connectors connect to a factory fitted alarm or immobiliser ???  . Had to stop because my eye balls has frozen :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Immobiliser

Now I am defrosted I went out and had another go and tried bridging another connector and WHOOP WHOOP she is alive once again :laugh: for how long I no idea but for now she is alive !! And it only took 7 hours in the cold  lol .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices