Skip to content

Ask an Expert License question Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > License question

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Dec 12

Posts: 31

BikerToBe says:

License question

When filling in forms for insurance comparisons what license should I be putting?

I've got a full car license, and have recently done a CBT on geared bike. So what do I put? 

Full bike uk (probably not)
Provisional UK bike 
Full uk moped (I did it on geared) 

Any help'd be good, starting to get serious about getting some wheels now 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 March 2013 22:19)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Aug 02

Posts: 3283

eatcs01 says:


I think you should put Provisional UK bike.

Mopeds DO have gears too..

Reply to this Topic


Feb 09

Posts: 541

jon66 says:

they dont understand

i had a 125 for a year on CBT then passed my test , so had 5 yrs insurance on bikes , however when i get quotes etc they dont count the first year as it wasnt on a full license , so they took a years premiums but they didnt count towards any no claims ? sound like more insurance Bull !!!

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices