You are in... Forums > General > General > Scotland trip

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Bramley Bim

Dec 07

Bramley Bim says:

Scotland trip

Hi looking for some advice re roads north of the border.  We're planning a trip to Orkney the first week in August and will be travelling to Loch Lomond, then up the west coast, catching the ferry over, a couple of nights on the islands then back down the East coast to stay near Edinburgh on the way home.  Can anyone suggest any "must do" roads for the bikes... and any roads that we'd be better off avoiding for the support van carrying all the camping kit & the beer!!

Also if anyone knows of any decent campsites or pubs with camping on the east coast Edinburgh/Perth way on could you post details as I'm struggling to find one!

,,,,and apologies in advance if you get held up by a slow moving blue van in August!!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 March 2013 15:04)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bramley Bim

Dec 07

Bramley Bim says:

Stevebaldy......okay,,,,,okay .....Mr Funny!!!! I've been doing exams so does that count as official excuse slip????:lol: :tongue:

Jon66 thanks for the advice re the A9 and Kam....I hoped you'd post as I know this is your neck of the woods so very grateful for the local knowledge.......the guys are looking forward to the extra routes you've suggested for the bikes :smile

As I've said look out for a blue van by Loch Lomond & then to Loch Ness first week in August ....being buzzed by a Trumpet, Tiger, R6...at the last count....more to follow.....and then upwards & onwards to Okney......Kam's refuel stops  look brilliant so hopefully see you there!! :smileThanks for the info

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Bramley

No worries, you are welcome.... and if you guys are anywhere near Glasgow or Loch Lomond on a Sunday let us know if you want to meet up ...the Scotty Crew will be out for the day so we could ride up to Glen Coe with you and do the Loop etc....... or just meet up at The Welly to say 'hi'...either way, hope you guys have a great trip. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices