Skip to content

Discuss This Touring Series Yamahas Offered General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Touring Series Yamahas Offered

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Touring Series Yamahas Offered

Yamaha is now offering kitted-up 'Touring' versions of its Diversion F, FZ8, Fazer8, XTZ660Z and Super Tenere. Goodies include luggage, screens and heated grips at offer prices up to £450 less than they'd cost seperatly. What’s more, the standard accessories fitted to Touring Series models are covered by a 2 year warranty and will be fitted free of charge by Yamaha. Model...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 March 2013 15:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

would love to see a modern day FJ1200.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

They do miles?

When I had my Yamaha 660 3 years ago I was told the reason it was going wrong so much (leaving me without a ride) was the miles I was doing... 15K per year... too much for a modern motorcycle?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Nor really a stunning saving. The average guy in the street will probably do a deal for a saving of at least that much when he goes in to buy a new bike if he or she has any sense. And why not include my old favourite, the XJR 1300 on this list of bikes? A cracking bike for touring, especially two-up! You could include a caravan on the list of options for it and it could pull it easily! ( No, I'm not serious, but it could!)

Reply to this Topic
y4mmy

Mar 13

y4mmy says:

There is!! It's called an FJR1300.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Suzuki are actually doing this right

By offering specific models with the goodies already bolted on. The difference, dear reader, is between insuring (e.g.) an "X6J Diversion F Touring" and an "X6J Diversion F with modifications". As we've seen, admitting to having so much as a tank pad on your bike can get you mugged.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Y4mmy! The FJR is almost  twice the price of the XJR and although it has shaft drive, its a 100% tourer whereas the XJR can be a tourer, cruiser or whatever you want it to be and will be a lot cheaper to repair if you drop it.     And Rogerborg, that depends on who you insure with. I did see an advert for an insurance company recently who said it didn't matter how many mods you make, although if you have an accident, they will return it to standard so depends if you want to make that risk.

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Lower the new price first

A 1250 bandit can be set up for touring for 6 grand less than the Super Ténéré so is the Bandit to cheap or the Yamaha to expensive, yes it is basic and cheap to fix in relation to some others. Going to hot countries is a lot easier with the 1250 than the 1200 Bandit but if they still made the 1200 then thats the Bike for me. There is only one world tourer that`s the GS which is still cheaper than the Crosstourer and the Yamaha in it`s Basic mode, so Jap bike makers sort the price or end up Bankrupting many Jap bike shops later in the year, as many are in a struggle to sell right now this gimmick may not be enough. Andy

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

They're not making any Bandits now.

You'll have to have the not-a-Bandit-honest GX1250FA at £7865 asking price with £800 of "free" accessories.  Still a low price for a big touring bike, you think they'd sell more of them.

Reply to this Topic
trannie680

Jun 09

trannie680 says:

there are some good deals.

I test rode a 660 tenere amongst half a dozen others, a nice bike, then went home and ordered a 650 versys with touring kit, panniers, screen,hand guards, tank pad, etc. for £5699 ! thats £2000 less than the equivalent tenere !!!

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Stopped making Bandits

Yes are are right Rogerborg did not notice that at the NEC last year, the only bandit is over 7 grand for the fairing version, maybe next year there will be a replacement I found the engine wanted more revs with the extra gear and that seat !! apart from that it is a simple set of wheels that does what it says on the tin. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle