Skip to content

Discuss This Bike Chooser: Cheap Litre Superbikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike Chooser: Cheap Litre Superbikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Dabbs  says:

Bike Chooser: Cheap Litre Superbikes

"I have been saving up to buy a new superbike but after being made redundant recently I have been forced to scale back my plans. I don’t want to give up on my dream of owning a litre sportsbike but I need to think a bit more economically. I reckon I can stretch to around £4,000. Any ideas?" James Dewhurst, Bristol The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 March 2013 15:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

No Fireblade!

I own a 2001 929cc FireBlade and its a allot cheaper to buy and run than an SP1. I found that it is a better road bike as well. It all depends on what you want for your money but I paid £2500 for mine and it is all the bike I need.

Reply to this Topic
yamahayzr500

Jul 04

yamahayzr500 says:

Honda SP-1 - 100 miles then stop for juice No thanks

Honda SP-1 - I am sure it's a great bike but, 100 miles then stop for juice I seen a guy with a 5 litre petrol can strapped to his SP-1 seat seat !!! No thanks Fazer 1000 brilliant bike !!!!

Reply to this Topic
js70062

Jan 13

js70062 says:

+1 for the SP-1

Rare, fast, cheap, reliable, pretty. It's called having your cake and eating it.

Ignore the tank size, 100 miles is plenty. If it's too little, then you're not riding twisty enough roads.

Reply to this Topic
DJSP2ROCKS

Feb 09

DJSP2ROCKS says:

sp1

I've always wanted a Honda SP1 in red, and an SP2 in white! Being greedy I know!!! Blades and R1's all look great but you see them everywhere, when you see and hear an SP1/2 go past you at full chat sounds awesome!

Reply to this Topic
itrackday

Feb 04

itrackday says:

SP1

Definitely my favourite bike of all that I have owned, and I have had a few. I'm not sure it was the best, the Power Commander definitely helped with the jerky throttle response, but for me it had even more soul than a Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Simples SP1............  get a good one, and keep it good and it will start to go up in value.

Reply to this Topic
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

the sp1

loved it from the day i first sat on one. you just felt special on it. the noise with race cans on was really something else and it really held well into the corners faster than you should be going.

the best bit.? the dash. way ahead of anything else at the time and when i ever stopped on the road it got my eyes. pity i only got 50-60 miles out of it but for a weekend toy just a wonderful bike which now is much much better value than buying a new machine. and its a honda.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

RSV/SP2

Had my RSV for over 6 years and 63,000 miles. Bullet proof engine, and it doesn't dissapear up the crack of your ar*e when you ride it.

SP2 a great bike, but for me they're too small.  The biggest disadvantage with the big twins has to be fuel. 90 miles to a tank is average on the RSV.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

RSV1000R 2006

£4000, 5762 miles, no corrosion, fantastic components. Amazing ride..... bargain.

Reply to this Topic
yzf07

Feb 10

yzf07 says:

get the R1

if i had the choice i go for the R1 but stick a steering damper on it and a powercommander and loose the exup valve. my m8 owns one and loves it.I've got the 1999 version. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices