Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding 11th at start of final 2013 test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding 11th at start of final 2013 test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding 11th at start of final 2013 test

Scott Redding finished just outside of the top 10 on the opening afternoon of the final Moto2 test session at the Jerez track in Spain earlier today. The Marc VDS Racing rider clocked a best time of 1.44.062 on his Kalex machine to finish just over 0.3s from the top five. Less than a second split the top 13 on an opening...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 March 2013 17:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Herve said

that Danny Kent would be world champion, he may be right but not on his bike. Its a pup.

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

That Tech 3 bike

seems to have been significantly off the pace in winter testing, generally about 2secs away from the top. Surely not a good enough package for a rider of Kent's talent!?!

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Must try harder

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

Tech3 and Redding

I suspect a significant part of Danny Kent's thinking in signing for Tech3 was seeing the deal it got Bradley Smith. Perhaps that was Herve's master stroke in order to get his pick in the lower classes? I hope Danny Kent shows Sandro Cortese the classy way to be when he beats him all year long. Having talked much about combined weight limits being the reason Scott didn't/couldn't compete at the front, he better improve on these kind of field positions.

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

Personally I think Scott hasn't done too badly and he's only 0.7 sec off the front which could just as easily be attributted a different testing schedule and saving outright attack for the final day when the track has more rubber down.

Also I'd like to point out the "Redding Rule" as it's often dubbed isn't that big of an advantage for Scott as in full kit I think he's still 15-20kg over the limit. DORNA said at the time it was more about preventing racers starving themselves to death thinking it would turn them into WC condenders.

As for Danny it would of been nice to see him on a decent bike instead of the Tech 3 but, thinking long term there is no expectation of results and Bradley Smith got a fantastic deal for MotoGP from riding it, so who knows. Danny comes across as grounded, hard working and likeable all of which are traits Herve would appear to value.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Tech3 Motorbike

You all bang on How bad this bike is ! But can you name one of the tech3 Riders What has swapped manufacturer And has better results ???? So is the bike that bad

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle