Skip to content

General Help needed... Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Help needed...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Help needed...

Hi all,

I am looking to extend the rear brake pedal on the fireblade 2007 model, I have searched the net but to no avail, does anyone know where i can buy an extension plate to go over the existing lever?

I have bought off ebay a spare complete right hand side foot peg, heel plate and lever, so i am not bothered about cutting and welding if needed.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 March 2013 20:28)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Ermmmm

Not a Clue m8...but good luck...:huh:

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

eeerrrrr

wow yer must have big feet..........nae krispy the clown:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Cut it

sleeve it with tubing and weld it to the position length required.

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Extend it how?

Do you want more length, or the "peg" on the end to be longer (i.e. more width)?

If you have a spare and welding gear then it should be simple. 

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Homer40....

Where are you based? I could weld that up for ya no problem at work.....

As Shad says above, you wanting longer or wider?...

Below, a ZX6R front fairing stay I welded last night......

Attached images:

1. IMG_2815  
  2. IMG_2815  
Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Hi all......

........Sorry about the delay in replies, been at work, I need to make the brake peg longer as i have an artificial leg on the right side and cannot bend my ankle (i can reach the brake now but sometimes i miss) :lol::lol:

Stealth i am in South Wales, at the moment i am waiting on another lever from ebay so i can have a bit of a play with ideas, but any ideas/help would be welcome.

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Homer..

WTF? I can't even begin to imagine how you can control pressure on a rear brake pedal with an artificial leg so fair play to ya for going this route rather than thumb brake or just ignoring the rear entirely..

Sadly I'm up near Birmingham which makes it a tad impractical to hook up for a look see but it should be easy enough to do.Anyone with a TIG welder should be able to sort it for ya. If you can't find anyone local you could always cut it up and get it to the length you want then post it up to me and I'll do the welding at work.Won't take me 10 mins to do. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Cheers StealthSV...

...Yeah it can be difficult sometimes depending on the bike, but the blade is ok, its just recently i have had a new leg and the foot position has changed from the last one, so instead of altering the leg all the time its easier to alter the brake pedal.
I have a few mates (one is a toolmaker in the Royal Mint) so i should be able to sort something out. Many thanks for the offer of help though and if i need any advice i will ask.

As for having the leg, its not that bad really, i am below the right knee missing, so i still have my knee and strangely enough i can feel the pressure through the foot. Mind you, I have had this since birth and I'm 43 now, so well used to it.:wink::wink:

Thank you to all who replied.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices