Skip to content

Ask an Expert Suzuki gz 125 (2002) Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Suzuki gz 125 (2002)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Robbie78

Mar 13

Robbie78 says:

Suzuki gz 125 (2002)

Problem with the bike cutting out ...

Starts first time in the mornings even if its cold..ticks over fine and goes fine Untill about 2-3 miles into my journey.... When I come  to a stop the revs disappear and bike cuts out.....I have bought new plug,air filter ,new battery....drained and flushed fuel tank cleaned carb to the best of my knowledge ..... This happens most days mild or cold weather

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 March 2013 08:36)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

Cutting out

Does the bike idle at all when warm? Have you tried tweaking the idle screw a bit?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

gz125

Welcome Robbie,more info really,

What do you do to restart the bike after it cuts out?

Did you fit an inline fuel filter ?

Will the bike restart using the choke?

When it cuts out have you released the fuel cap and listened for a vacuum?

If the bike won`t restart after throttle only or choke only remove that sparkplug to see if it`s wet with fuel. 

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki GZ 125 2002

Hi Robbie78 and welcome to the site:smile

As Jaffa90 says it could be the fuel cap breather being blocked(common on this bike)and as he says more info would be good,like when was it last serviced,when did the problem start,does the bike start straight away after cutting out?or does it take quite a long time?.Try opening the fuel cap ever mile,if it stays running you've found your problem.If not give more info to come up with another solution.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:  

Reply to this Topic
Robbie78

Mar 13

Robbie78 says:

Fuel filter

I use the start button to restart the bike ,when it does fire I use the throttle to keep the rev up and away I go...when I throttle down the revs dip down to almost cut off point....not sure about a inline filter...filter inside the fuel tank seemed to be clean ...fuel drained through it ok and I blew it out with air......will try the fuel cap thing on the way home......thnx

Reply to this Topic
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

the carb breather pipe

The carb breather comes off the float chamber, if it is wrongly positioned so that it is in the airflow, even the modest performance of the GZ could create a positive air pressure situation in the chamber, making it run way too rich. Check its routing and position it so it isn't facing forwards or backwards, up by the battery box or on top of the airbox is a good place.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki GZ 125 2002

Hi Rob

have you tried the open tank cap thing yet?and when was it last serviced?When did the problem start?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices