Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

We’re here at the new Circuit of the Americas MotoGP track in Austin, Texas, riding Ducati’s new £26,550 1199 Panigale R. Apart from dripping in sexy carbon fibre, a taller racing screen, racing seat, a Ducati Corse paintjob and ABS, race exhaust and a datalogger as standard, this homologation special has engine and chassis tweaks, specifically designed for racing. During testing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 March 2013 09:50)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Overpriced red exotic sans frame.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Thanks for the quick report

You guys are good for being so quick with your online reports. 

It's great that the Panigale now has more low/mid range torque.

However, your report is not all that positive though.  How would you improve the R or the S for that matter?

See my in-depth Panigale S review here:

Reply to this Topic
Rumoy

Aug 09

Rumoy says:

What the hell is that black bulge under the seat? How to make a beautiful bike fugly?

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Hmmmm this or the Bimota DB8SP now that would be a shoot out I would like to see.......... get some proper exotica in to the mix :)

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Weaves at speed?

If a 195mph superbike weaves at speed even MCN can't pass that off as 'character'. Its dangerous, while I have been biking long enough to take every review you guys write as a reflection on nothing more than the quality of the 'perks' you receive from the manufacturer, there may be bikers not so experienced. Who having read your glowing five star review of a motorcycle with the complete omission of a serious and dangerous handling fault, may go buy one, and lose their lives.

Reply to this Topic
wobblyhead

Apr 10

wobblyhead says:

pretty, but...

i'd be too embarassed by the chicken strips i'd leave on the tires to buy it. if they upgrade the streetfighter and add abs, i'd get one. and blame the chicken strips on the fact that it's my commuter

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Chicken Strips

Chicken strips are easily removed with a wire brush on an angle grinder. You can also use the wire brush on your knee sliders while you are at it.  :)

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Hi evilamnessiac. You're right about the weave. It's not good, but it's not dangerous - it's what racing bikes can do sometimes if they're set too soft at the rear. But, I never passed it off as character, or gave it a five star review. Nor do I ever tell anything but the truth about any bike I ride. Thanks for your comment. Neevesy, MCN

Reply to this Topic
Patsfalco

Sep 12

Patsfalco says:

price!

I've no problem with anyone producing what ever bike they want to and people buying it.

But this approach, hardly a new tactic from ducati, flies in the face of the principle of production based racing. There should be a, say, £15,000 price limit which increases every year by an index. This thing is twice the price of its japanese competition. Like I say, nothing wrong with that per se, but they shouldn't be racing in the same production class.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

How Much?

£26,550 for a road bike! If I won the lottery I wouldn't spend that much on a bike that isn't going to be that different in the real world than the bog standard model. Get real Ducati. Did the disciples of Jesus put it together.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle