Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ducati Panigale 1199R First Ride

We’re here at the new Circuit of the Americas MotoGP track in Austin, Texas, riding Ducati’s new £26,550 1199 Panigale R. Apart from dripping in sexy carbon fibre, a taller racing screen, racing seat, a Ducati Corse paintjob and ABS, race exhaust and a datalogger as standard, this homologation special has engine and chassis tweaks, specifically designed for racing. During testing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 March 2013 09:50)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shamarone

Jan 13

shamarone says:

(A2D) attention 2 detail

re: "This thing is twice the price of its japanese competition."

twice the engineering this.  the result of using only 1/2 the cylinders.  see, there IS an answer. 

Reply to this Topic
azicat

Feb 13

azicat says:

To me this is a dream bike and finally a worthy successor to the 916.  Loved the video of the tour to Africa on the standard Panigale and seeing this model of bike in the context of real world riding.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Neevesy...

If you check the review on this very website it's been given 5 stars, no mention of weave anywhere to be seen. As for it being 'what racing bikes do sometimes', does the competition? I must admit I haven't ridden them all but I have never experienced a high speed weave on any of the litre sports bikes I've ridden.

Reply to this Topic
Bampy1

Mar 13

Bampy1 says:

Unfortunately there is a very big elephant in the room that was there when they launched the first version of this bike and unfortunately for Ducati it hasn't gone away. It us not as pretty but only costs £16800 in carbon trim, but it will take the new Ducati to the cleaners. Ladies and gentlemen the 2013 BMW HP4 Carbon the best sports bike you can buy. Bsfore you have a go I don't own a BMW, don't work for them and I don't even want one. The only reason you would buy the Ducati over the BMW is because you think you look good on it.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Nah!

Haven't ridden the hp4 version but the BMW is too revy, the blade feels like it has a lot better mid range grunt, and it's 5k cheaper, and doesn't look like it was designed by a 12 year old schoolboy. if I were to get a BMW sports bike I always had a soft spot for the HP2 sport. But that's just personal opinion! BTW, does the hp4 come with the 'Ducati racing weave'? :p

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Good to see it has a nice touring screen and ABS. Now, where do you bolt the panniers?

Reply to this Topic
Rumoy

Aug 09

Rumoy says:

So it's still not a great bike then! The Blade seems to be the much better street bike, the BMW outright the fastest, the ZX10 the nutter bike of choice, so what of the Gixer and the R1? Ducati's were always renowned as fast bikes that had more handling than grunt, it would appear the current big Duke has neither. Time to move to a V4 and back to a longer wheel base?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices