Skip to content

Discuss This This year, my bike will cover... General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > This year, my bike will cover...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

This year, my bike will cover...

It's the start of the biking season for most - a time to get back on two wheels. But how many two wheel miles will you cover this year? Have you got thousands already done, or will your pride and joy only cover a few hundred?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 March 2013 11:52)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

What season?

For me the biking season runs from January 1st until December 31st every year. I ride my road bike and off-road bike all year round, and have done so for 30 years(since my first moped), for me there is no 'season'.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

There are actually

Two Seasons.... For 5 Months of the year we are "Seasoned" with Salt.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Anyone ticking 0-1000 miles should be ashamed of themselves, they must spend more time polishing than riding, either that or they are working abroad and haven't time. And Snev, can you change that avatar, it scared me!

Reply to this Topic
mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

This year, my bike will cover...

ii used to do more miles and sometimes spend a hole day on my bike on one ride but now i have my own business and dont have much spare time ,but i still enjoy riding very much and there is probably never a day in my life when i dont think about my bike and the pleasure it brings .I ride it when i get a chance and all my miles are quality miles

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Welcome back, fair weather biking bros

Enjoy your Dettol and wire brushing from Nurse McBrusque down at A&E.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Season?????????????

"It's the start of the biking season"??????????????????? WTF 

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

3x bikes

I would think a lot of riders have more than one bike. My suzuki drz is used all the year round and does approx 3500 milesbut the suzuki bandit and ducati are only used in dry summer weather so do limited miles approx 800 miles. apiece. I only use the car for the weekly shop and taking the missus out  

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

i wish

I could do more miles but comment off in ice at 15 miles an hour is enough to put me off, any advice? 14k a year is still quite respectable though on an sv that's seen better days

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

0-1000

just sell your bike and your gear right now. Season? How about just riding your bike and not being a puff, iv already started to see it, fair weather riders, in their pristine leathers they feel the need to wear to ride round the ring road, never to go beyond the city limits. So so lame

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Use your bike all year round, its more fun than a car or public transport. I wouldn't get on a bus for a dare. The worst thing about public transport is the public. I bought a 2004 zx6r with 10,500 miles, that's 1100ish miles a year since new. That's a sin in my book. I have it now about 5 weeks with 11,800ish miles and one wet track day.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices