Skip to content

Discuss This This year, my bike will cover... General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > This year, my bike will cover...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

This year, my bike will cover...

It's the start of the biking season for most - a time to get back on two wheels. But how many two wheel miles will you cover this year? Have you got thousands already done, or will your pride and joy only cover a few hundred?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 March 2013 11:52)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pommyjohn

Feb 13

pommyjohn says:

relevance

10,000 miles  or would it more likely be 1 mile 10,000 times

Reply to this Topic
Bonly1

Aug 02

Bonly1 says:

LOADSA MILES

Get into the RBR - Round Britain Rally - it starts April 1st and finished end of October.  Over 80 new landmarks each year to visit all around the UK on your bike.  No more sticking a pin in a map to find a rideout - do as many or as few  landmarks as you like, it's not a competition, but you will rack up the miles visiting places you never knew existed and have a grin doing it too.
http://www.roundbritainrally.co.uk

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Dull Year

I put more miles (~8K) on my Honda Dullsville than my other five road licensed vehicles combined. The Honda Elite (Lead) 110 was next with about 3.5K miles.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

transport or toy?

There's an old saying, there's no bad weather only bad dressing. Ride all year, it's fun!

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Most

People with bikes are older with family commitments, so bikes don't get used as much.

As I'm divorced for years with just me and my son, the bike generally gets used as the family car, so its done enough mileage for dealers not to want it. There's the other issue with using bikes that cost as much as a car. The values slash.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

10k plus

Gave up the car for a motorcycle last year and never looked back. Like bikerpete51 says, there's no bad weather only bad dressing. It's so satisfying filtering through standstill motorway traffic in the driving rain knowing I'm going to be home over an hour quicker than I used to be on 4 wheels.

Reply to this Topic
gs12

Feb 10

gs12 says:

10,000 plus.

I have clocked up 50,000 on my currant BMW 1200GSA and have toured 19 countries we are going to Portugal via France & Spain later this year. it's easy doing 300 plus each day over two weeks holiday and amazing how you get use to it i did 1200 one weekend when i had a friday off work i rang P&O picked up toothe brush and rode to Magny Cours France for the 24 hour bol'dor. I went back to work monday 1200 miles brilliant and on an Yamaha R6 believe it or not! 45 bikes owned since 1978 GSA the best for what has become an addiction of mine touring. Best tours for me are Western balkans they include Croatia, Montenegro & Bosnia favourite coutries Austria & Norway and great islands with lack of speed cameras Corsica and Sardinia but a must do is the Isle of Man TT it's bikers meca.

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

so

Riding in ice isn't as bad as people make out and my loss of front was just a fluke? My bikes replaced, my spleen can't

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Mileage

So four out of five on here are toy riders then, leaves more time for bragging and sneering i suppose and you don't even have to buy the paper!

Reply to this Topic
Sket1234

Feb 12

Sket1234 says:

All Year

Done 4000miles since jan 1st about 500 in snow in ice

Toughen Up People

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN