Skip to content

Discuss This This year, my bike will cover... General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > This year, my bike will cover...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

This year, my bike will cover...

It's the start of the biking season for most - a time to get back on two wheels. But how many two wheel miles will you cover this year? Have you got thousands already done, or will your pride and joy only cover a few hundred?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 March 2013 11:52)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

sket1234

Toughen up?,been there done that ride in all weathers,long gone riding in crap wearher now,its the summer only for me,find this hard to do with a back problem! max is only 1.30 hours on the bike ride,might get 1000m each m.o.t.

Reply to this Topic
owldhairybiker

Mar 13

this year my bike will cover

I only use my bike now in decent weather, I can hear the chorus of fair weather biker etc, well yes I am and proud of it. I am 65 in July and have had one knee replaced, have arthritis in hips, knees, wrists, thumbs and neck!!!   I started biking in the early 60s with a Francis Barnett Plover then a Royal Enfield Crusader Sports the list since then includes BSA Road Rocket,BSA Rocket Gold Star, AJS 650 CSR, Royal Enfield Interceptor,68,69,Triumph Bonnevilles, Laverda Jota,Honda 750 4 x 3, Kawasaki H1 500 MK3, H2 750,Z1B, Z1R x 2 (first one written off) GPZ1100, Yamaha FJ1100, FJ1200 x 3 and my current bike a Suzuki Bandit 1200. I have served my time and been through it all, the abject misery of "waterproof" gear that wasn't, open face helmets, snow drifts on my bollocks and the dreaded hunt for the receeding willy with frostbitten figers,hopefully before it starts to leak!! (you know it was there when you left home but where the hell has it gone??) I still love bikes but prefer to ride for pleasure now, not pain. My Insignia SRI is much more inviting and warm and dry, so there you are call me soft if you like I can take it :)  I do still remember with a big smile when I lived in a small village in Co Durham in my teens,no such thing as a speed camera, no speed limits except in town, the local bobby had a LE vellocette and I had my Rocket Gold Star, ah the good old days when 4 galls of 5* petrol was less than a quid.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Well, if I manage to phuqqup, it will probably cover a few metres of road way and / or field.........

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

owldhairybiker

Much respect to you..... Fellow FJ1200 owner and Lover.... Ace bike Wasn't it?

Reply to this Topic
owldhairybiker

Mar 13

FJs

fantastic bike, loved the FJ1100 too, the handling was a quantum leap forward after the GPZ1100. They were much better than the lard arsed FJ1300.

Reply to this Topic
owldhairybiker

Mar 13

ooops!

missed the R off the fat arsed FJR1300  dyslexia lures ko.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

This year my bike will cover...

ZZR600 will do the Snetterton 300, and Santa Pod. Also the coast road TT, chasing badly ridden sportsbikes.

Also, many miles inbetween. I've already done a few hundred miles this year. Got to grab the good days when you can.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Snow and Ice

I will ride my Yamaha TW200 on snow covered back roads, but even with studs would not want to ride on snowy or icy roads around town – too many out of control cagers sliding wide through corners, stop signs, and red lights.

Reply to this Topic
sable

Mar 13

sable says:

15k+ here ^^

13,000 alone on commuting on a wee Sinnis Trackstar. Do oddments at weekends and Expecting a few longer trips this year too ^^

Reply to this Topic
deaks25

Apr 09

deaks25 says:

15k without a fuss

About 15,000 miles a year out of a Honda Varadero 125, whether it's wind, rain, sun, snow, ice, or even the apocalypse, despite it hitting ten years old this year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices