Skip to content

Discuss This What's the next big thing in bikes? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What's the next big thing in bikes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What's the next big thing in bikes?

Biking has undergone something of a revelation recently, with an adventure bike now being the UK's top selling big bike, Honda releasing a retro bike, and Yamaha looking at a triple engine. So where do you see the future? Are Triumph and MV right with three cylinders? Are Honda bang on with the CB1100?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 March 2013 11:55)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
billysollocks

Feb 09

Ta snev, yer a love. To Piglet, we have keys over here which can open any house, garage, shed, car etc.  - they're called PIKEYS.

I hope this assists you.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Piglet

That looks like Stuart Hall of "Its a Knock-out" fame...... Reckon his head is "on the block" at the moment......

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

billySollocks

Your Talent's are wasted on here..... Come join us on "the Dark Side" Click "Forums"..... Bring Piglet Too.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

It's gonna be a sort of active suspension. Top of the line sports bikes Panigales and HP4 S1000rr Beemers have it already. And my guess is cheaper bikes will follow. Mind you, tecnnology isn't always great. I love the MV Brutale 800 . It's so verry pretty, it's nimble has great brakes and the engine should also be great. But than again it has 8(yes8) traction control settings, but a proper throttle response in any of those settings? Nope it has ride by Wire throttle wich is almost lethal. Oh a brutale800 with good old carbs? How sweet would that 3 cilinder pick up revs..

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Snev, you're too kind. Might see you on the Dark Side then.

By the way, I can also see more active safety systems being brought in to try and reduce casualties, along with compulsory wearing of protective clothing etc. Let's face it, making it an offence not to wear the right kit is an easy way to dish out fines and raise yet more revenue. Sod freedom of choice etc., we're an easy target really.

Sigh.............

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

How about

£0 road-tax for smaller capacity bikes and scooters.  If some cars can have it, why not a 130mpg CBF125?

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

How about

£0 road-tax for smaller capacity bikes and scooters.  If some cars can have it, why not a 130mpg CBF125?

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

100mpg AND 100bhp?

+1 on the turbo diesel. Merc and BMW top of the range performance (!) cars are TD, many vans are now going to small high performance TD, its about time we enjoyed that torque and mpg (fuel price is only going one way!). I also cant see why we still put up with chain-drive on road bikes, BMW have shaft on 175bhp bikes and you cant feel it, Yamaha had it on mopeds - clean shaft drive on everything please. I’d also like to see a proper switched FI, commuter mode high mpg for the week and sports mode high bhp for the weekend, maybe even fuzzy-logic FI that adjusts re how you ride each day?

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

diesel elec

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool