Skip to content

Discuss This Less than 30 left: Ducati 888 General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Less than 30 left: Ducati 888

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Less than 30 left: Ducati 888

The Ducati 888 was always a desirable bike but according to DfT statistics there are just 13 licenced for use in the UK or on a SORN. The Ducati 888 was the result of evolving the 851 superbike in the fiercely competitive World Superbike series but it took a couple of years after the racing machines went up to 888cc before...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 March 2013 16:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

A little confused...TBH...

This Bike and the 851 really got me into the whole Ducati thing, I'm really surprised that there are "less than 30 left"....or is it 13?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I hope

they're all locked up securely

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i was lucky enough to own an 851

For 2 years. cost me a fortune though and in the end i got fed up of fixing it all the time, so i let it go. really wish i hadn't

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

I always wanted an 888. If I had one, I wouldn't lock it away. It woould get ridden....

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Love em

I know i'm in the minority but i love this bike more than the ones that followed inc the 916.... not sure why, perhaps the beautifully classic lines.

Reply to this Topic
stephenm1964

Aug 12

stephenm1964 says:

Had my 888 strada for over 2 years now and I love it - bought it for £2500 and got it serviced straight away as it had a big gap in it's service history. Slowly been tidying it up ever since and the only let down I've had was when the Japanese regulator failed which I replaced with a German item. Apart from that it's just the usual pads tyres and service items which I do myself and I use it all year round except from the last few months where we've gone onto a 3 day week and I can't afford new tyres.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Always wanted one

Don't look likely now though, bet prices are already on the up and up. Agree with TrumpetTriple, I prefer the look of earlier Ducati's to the more modern looking 916 bikes onwards.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices