Skip to content

Discuss This The quarter-million-mile man General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > The quarter-million-mile man

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

The quarter-million-mile man

In 1999, Ian Coates left his home in Yorkshire and flew to South Africa to collect a Land Rover for a friend and bring it back to England. The mission was scuppered by visa problems, and he got his wife to ship his Honda Africa Twin to Johannesburg so he could ride back by a different route. Fourteen years later,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 March 2013 16:53)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

Ian

you are a true hero mate wish i had the balls to do it

i rode all over Europe in the 70s and luved it .. but peer /socitety pressures told me i could not

if you ever make it back to OZ  you have a bed food what ever you need ...no bullshit

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

What a star man! Whens the book coming out? and put me down for a copy!  Is he still carrying on travelling?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Sorry, yes he is. I was that carried away with the rest of the story, I forgot the bit at the beginning. Hope he keeps MCN up to date with his progress. Another Ted Simon I think!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

he has the perfect marriage set up there! This man lived the dream thats awesome, takes some courage to exit the safety net

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

engine

amazing story and the type of character i would like to see down the pub. for me i would like to know about the miles covered on the bike. is it the standard engine. how about servicing. did the oil get changed much? how about if parts were needed. Vincenzo

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices