Skip to content

General quick maths question anyone ??? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > quick maths question anyone ???

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

quick maths question anyone ???

I have an area 18 feet long by 8feet wide and need to cover it in sand to a depth of 4 inches.

I'm buggered if I can work it out :upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 March 2013 17:47)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

maths

Sorry, got enough maths of my own to get through here! Anyone good at parabolics/quadratics?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Beacons

sorry mate can't help, I'm only good at "short" devision.....allegedly :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

I concur

with Spondonste  -  1.32m³

If you use the expanding foam idea, give me some advance notice  -  I'd love to watch that....:lol:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Obe

:smileI was reading about wood chippings, told not to use bark tho, I have just ordered some feather edged boards now thanks.

You lot are just so useful, far better than google

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

beacs......

you might be in luck, there's plenty of parabollocks talked on here..................

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I use wood chippings, too.

And boards. I use a garden shredder for prunings and keeping the willows in check, so I rake the old clippings up and put them on the compost heap beore I put the new ones down. Mine have  a small covered area so it's always dry under there and they can enjoy a dust bath.

I feed layers pellets and I take a small handful of mixed corn to them several times a week, which they eat from my hand. This gets them used to being handled, which is really useful as you can check them over without tem getting scared and stressed. I grow spinach beet so there's always plenty of green stuff or them in the winter and I put this hanging just above their head height. Keeps them busy and the greens don't get trampled underfoot.

Favourite chicken treats are chilis and the inside of red and green peppers. Also keep the feed and water inside if you can so wild birds don't get at it (I feed wild birds at the other end of the garden so they don't miss out).

I only have five girls to look after now. Before I got feeble I had over thirty. Far less work with just a few :smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

thanks Bee

have changed to wood chip as well after a bit more research and the horse hemp bedding which I use for my tortoise seems to be the stuff of choice.

Just got to wait for re-homing day now :smile

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices