Ask an Expert GSXR 750 slabbie carbs Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > GSXR 750 slabbie carbs

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

GSXR 750 slabbie carbs

Ok i have a slabbie in need of some tlc the carbs were jammed shut ...totally ...with a little encouragment they opened .....flatside kehins on it i have now stripped the carbs apart from the slides which appear to have fresh scores on the slides......it looks like i need to take the sideplates off to clean them out properly .... they have security torx screws holding the plates on is this the correct way to remove the slides .....please advise ............ps i have no money to buy expensive gaskets 

kcmc :winkie:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 March 2013 03:23)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki GSXR 750 Slabside what year?

Hi Oscar

Sorry haven't replied,haven't been on the site lately,been livin life:smilea bit.Anyway what year and model is the bike,what model Keihin flat slide has it got,have these been fitted at a later date,or is your bike a R or SP and fitted with them as standard?Thing is the slides should just lift out of the top of the carb once disconnected from the lifters? the carb body's shouldn't be separated(don't dismantle by undoing the Torx screws) best thing to do is have them put in a sonic bath until everything comes good,lube up with a light spray oil,then keep an eye on them and keep them lubed up for the rest of there life.Scoring on the slides on flat slides doesn't make a lot of difference really unless its very excessive,(are your slides on rollers?) so don't worry about that,most flat slides are a bit loose and rattle a bit so don't worry about the fit to much.Hope this help a bit?Good Luck

KCMC:tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

sorry

Dunno why i put kehin they are mikuni t6  stamped on the side.

it's a 1986 gsxr mate and i can't see how they managed to stick shut unless the lifting bar had seized but i had a look at them the other day and they had stuck shut again currently got them spread across the dining room table ......all the jets have been cleaned out and it looks to me that these have an accelerator pump with a jet spraying into the mouth of the carbs a...ihave had these to bits...... just ain't tackled the slides yet going to do that in a bit ...all the accelerator pump holes in the float bowls were fuckin blocked solid and some fekker has bent some of the nozzles but i have removed them also and cleaned them out

the slides ain't on rollers how do the slides come out ???? looks like there is a r clip holding them in ....or do you need to remover the lifter bar or just detach the spring  ? anyway given up for tonight and started on the brewskis  

i wish i bought that 3 litre ultrasonic cleaner off ebay the other day now:upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

Status Update

Got em back together Didn't take the slides out though as i've lost my 3mm allen key ....... First Bank of them i've taken to bits

They really are a work of art them buggers i have worked in a few jobs and  Mechanic / Then machinist and i can appreciate how much thought / design /machining /assemblythat has gone into them ...... gonna buy a second hand ultrasonic cleaner next though cause it would have made sooo much difference to the finished carbs

ain't fitted em yet got sidetracked with a sick nc30

P.S kc  It's the two cap heads on the top of the slides isn't it :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle