Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

When Yamaha launches its 2013 factory MotoGP world championship effort in Jerez tomorrow (Friday), Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo’s YZR-M1 machinery will once again be missing a title sponsor. The return of Italian icon Rossi, who remains unquestionably the biggest box office star in MotoGP, has not attracted significant fresh investment to the Japanese factory, which is preparing for a third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 March 2013 17:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Birt blows it !!!

Jeez Matt??? I was hoping to see that other crappy Rossi thread top 300 comments and you killed it with less than 40 pooh posts to go!

Oh, by the way, good article in MCN this week re: Rossi interview. Maybe some of these web warriors could learn a little about what Rossi is really like if they got off their arses and went down to the shops and bought a copy of MCN. Then again zombies can't go out in public.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Maybe the potential sponsors have had a decko at the factory teams #1 and #2 riders contracts and feel that they can't back them this time. Rossi couldn't beat Jorge on equal machinery, couldn't ride the Ducati as well as Stoner and is now a confirmed #2 and maybe has a bike to match his status in the team, like Edwards used to.

If the sponsors are only interested in Rossi as a winner and don't wish to market themselves through Jorge then that is a sad state of affairs and goes to show that the sponsors know that the majority of Rossi fans are mere fly by nights not really interested in the sport as a whole.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Just for the record Willie

I havn't missed a copy of  MCN since 1960.   It's not a patch on it's former self by the way.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Vmax

What colour is the sky on your planet ?    Jeez !!!!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Saturn....

I don't know if I should congratulate you or offer condolences? All that cash!!! Your spot on though, the "sport" section has been slim pickings and pretty useless for about a decade now. Most likely down to the changing times I suppose. Instant access to everything. Remember when you couldn't get a GP on telly and had to wait for 3 painful days to get the 6 - 8 page race reports, lap by lap analysis, and on all the classes. But now we have moved on and the web warriors are posting comments before they have even sprayed the champers? GP's are nice to watch in HD though, I say. Roll on April 7!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi old girl..

..stop crying and whinging and suggesting things that are purely in your imagination. I've never once said i dislike Rossi, that's something you can't pin on me you big pansy! Hahaha...you need to lighten up a bit, otherwise you'll pop a vein!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Willie

Both congrtulations and condolences would be perfectly in order.  Re: MCN not only reports on road racing but every other motorcycle sport you can think of :- speedway, grass track, sprints, trials, scrambles as well as road tests and reports on new models.   As you say that's progress.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

I think it was good timing Willie

The other thread looked like it was starting to run out of puff. Read the article on Rossi too. The guy's a genuine class act.

Reply to this Topic
Kwakaddict

Feb 13

Kwakaddict says:

Mallory Park

sorry to hi jack the thread lads but thought this important, want as many people as possible to sign the e petition to save Mallory Park from the NIMBYs who moved into the area then try to close it cos its too noisy. please sign, don't let them win. Go to Mallorypark.com or try this link. cheers

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739/signature/new

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I never said..

Not many do CHR..they don't have to. It's pretty obvious by the trolling content of their comments, designed to provoke reaction. 

Take me..I don't like Casey Stoner and think he's a ladies front bottom. I make no bones about it but, if I was talking complete shite I wouldn't get half the vitriolic response I do..there's an element of truth that cuts like a knife. I'm not silly enough to think he can't ride a bike though.

You lot on the other hand, think that Rossi can't and never really has been able to ride that good - while lap dancing on the bucking horses heads cock - It's all a sham built on popularity, lack of competition and good fortune innit?

C'mon pal..a little respect please. Don't take us for complete mugs.

Don't start giving.."I never once said I don't like Rossi" gymnastics?..You'll end up on the same slippery slope to zero credibility as Bulto. I'd hate to see that.

No..deep breath sunshine. Man-up, grow a backbone and give those betty swollocks some air..

Have the courage of your convictions.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices