Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

When Yamaha launches its 2013 factory MotoGP world championship effort in Jerez tomorrow (Friday), Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo’s YZR-M1 machinery will once again be missing a title sponsor. The return of Italian icon Rossi, who remains unquestionably the biggest box office star in MotoGP, has not attracted significant fresh investment to the Japanese factory, which is preparing for a third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 March 2013 17:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

there you go again dumpet

I was referring to simoncelli, cant do math and your comprehension aint much better.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I sense a meltdown..

Rectal..you ain't funny pal.

I 100% guarantee proper race folk here think you're a low life mudsucker..which is why you get ignored 99.9% of the time.

PS: I love you too Nostro.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

This sums up the majority of yellow pantie brigade..

“I met a guy in the hotel and he is kind of a semi-fan of MotoGP and he follows a little bit. He was asking what was going on and he asked me about who was riding for us and when I mentioned Jorge and Valentino he said’ oh, Valentino Rossi, he is legendary and amazing’...Most of 'em ain't got a chuffing clue..

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Jesus H Christ

Its like a primary school play ground. Anyone who finds it amusing that Simoncelli died should be expelled. What gets me is that 75% of you do have good points on both sides of the fence, the reality is that you don't get tax breaks on sponsorship anymore they stopped it two years ago so if you are in a contract signed before this time its still valid as a tax deductible item. The Yamaha corp has got Yamaha down the the side of its bike, good advertising in Asia that.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

comports

would be in Keith's vocabulary CHR I am sure. If you only drink the good stuff as has been his and was Winston Churchill's habit it expands rather than contracts your vocabulary.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Listen up

Loony-Tunes, Numpties and Brainless dolts.      Regarding Rossi and sponsorship for Yamaha. Why do you all think sponsorship is down to Rossi.?        Jorge Lorenzo is World Champion  -  he's Spanish  and  he's No.1 rider  if he can't attract a major Spanish sponsor no-one can.   It's not about who thinks what about who  it's about world economy and the current poor state of MotoGP.  Major companies are not inerested in personalities they just want profitable returns on their investments -  they obviously don't think MotoGp is a profitable invesment.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

which is why saturn

one of the things I most hold against dorna is them letting michelin go, unless michelin were only pretending they wanted to stay. They were a natural fit for gp bike racing and a rusted on supporter, and pretty well covered much of tech 3's budget at the very least. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

My most enthusiastic contrafribularities to you Doohanfan..

.. I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation...

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Agreed CHR

That was a rather piss poor effort by Jarvis to explain the Legendary status of Rossi.

However, you can't use that to rubbish the guy himself, his achievements, or the fans he does have that do have a clue. If that was the criteria it would be game over for you lot having the princess on your side.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I' with you wish I don't remember anyone talking about Rossi bringing money. It's fans of another rider that search desperately for every wilder claims to popularity and 'dominance'. On the subject, Rossi never brought a title sponsor to Ducati but they were overwhelmed and rossis personal sponsorship went through the roof. Come yam and sponsors are queuing up again. As for a title sponsor the monster deal on its own is worth more a season than the fiat 'title' sponsor deal was. It's probably worth noting than non of us know the true extent of the dollars involved and who so its all guess work .hardly the basis for a thesis. Prince of rectal are you trying to convince us that the 100's of 1000's young tweeters are all middle aged men in disguise?? Speaking from experience no doubt....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices