Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

When Yamaha launches its 2013 factory MotoGP world championship effort in Jerez tomorrow (Friday), Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo’s YZR-M1 machinery will once again be missing a title sponsor. The return of Italian icon Rossi, who remains unquestionably the biggest box office star in MotoGP, has not attracted significant fresh investment to the Japanese factory, which is preparing for a third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 March 2013 17:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

That's the chuffin point chuffin CHR..all aboard the 4:46 to Tavullia..WHOO-WHOOO..!

Talk to people who have never ridden a bike..don't follow sport..maybe even do a bit of train-spotting like you. Chances are they HAVE heard the name Valentino Rossi.

Like it or not Sonny Jim..he's a star. You may not be able to appreciate it, as you make your sandwiches and flask and head out towards the nearest railway bridge mumbling under your breath, but it's a fact.

Jarvis is talking about the value it gives his brand by association alone..now. Forget the good business going forward for many years to come if he stays with them, which looks likely.

Win or lose, Yamaha will have a booze on the back of it.

There'll be more words written about Rossi this year than anyone else..same as it ever was.

Fkin mint innit..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Ah, CHR

A little predigustory interludicle?  Or just a sausage?.  Still,  aardvark never hurt anybody. 

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

RABIES DOG

THIS DOG STILL ALIVE AND EXIST HERE???? my my my. he has too long live. treasure buddy while you still can. weird!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What's it like out there in the outers reaches of the solar system Saturn?

That's a pretty accurate self-assessment of your intellect.

'Nr,.2 brings money' are the words of you and your fellow yellow bellies - least not Hardly Lean & Wosi - not those of us of pragmatic persuasions aware of global realities. Witness the way Wosi was so beautifully exposed by Bulto below. 

Wosi yeah of course nr.2 is a star. A waning one, spiralling out of the game in a self determined tragi-farcical way.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bert, you're getting as bad as Wosi..

..I've never denigrated ( just for you Doohanfan! ) Vale's achievements, or for that matter ever said I don't like him! It's just every now and again, there's a need to don the old hob nail boots and give a swift sharp kick to the bollocks of the yellow girls brigade. Wosi, being the grand master of all things yellow has had his beaten black and blue on many occasions, hence the reason why he walks and talks funny. The irony is, my original post was actually appropriately sincere. Hahahahaha...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

You say aardvark Fanacle?..

..by that, I'm assuming you mean medium-sized insectivore with protruding nasal implement?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

chr

I have no problem with you, our attitudes are much the same.

I have to say though that valentino has been dignified in ignoring all the nonsensical gay jibes, demonstrating himself to be smarter than Ian Thorpe the Australian swimmer among others.

Comport as you no doubt realise is an actual English word, semantically correct if pretentious in the context.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

You're getting as evasive as Bluto CHR

Never saying you don't like him isn't the same as saying you do, and what's the need for the hob nail's on this occasion?

Maybe you should aim them in the direction of some of your own girls for once, in the interests of fairness and balance.

DF - For once I completely agree. Like I said further down, the guy is a class act.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Oh Dear Nostro

still repeating same old biased tripe.   I've said this before too! ......... every champion in every branch of sport reaches the pinnacle of their sucess .......  if Rossi has reached that pinnacle and only way is down .... so be it ... that is the natural progress if things ..... every  star has a natural cycle of life and death .... how brightly that star shines in between is how it's judged .....   9 world championships across all classes  that's how brightly this star shone ...... most successful of the last 20 years.     Why is that such a hard pill  to swalllow ?  And don't say favouritism and machiavellian ways ........ he still had to ride the victories!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

for one

The inimitable milkybars did have this to say at one point

Money talks and bullshit walks.

Rossi is an innocent bystander, but he can't help himself if the best wants a piece of him, always, period! It's because he is loved/popular and is a winner.

And did everyone see widdy's link? Never imagined for a moment my half-assed jokes about the marketing department might actually be true. I'm starting to think I might be right about everything else too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices