Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

When Yamaha launches its 2013 factory MotoGP world championship effort in Jerez tomorrow (Friday), Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo’s YZR-M1 machinery will once again be missing a title sponsor. The return of Italian icon Rossi, who remains unquestionably the biggest box office star in MotoGP, has not attracted significant fresh investment to the Japanese factory, which is preparing for a third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 March 2013 17:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

OK boys, this is getting boring,

same old, same old every time we get a Rossi type topic. We all know that the guy was a genius and that he dominated the sport for 12 years...the records speak for themselves.....is he finished? We'll know by June. But the big picture is, where is our sport going? Remember when it went to Argentina,Brazil, South Africa? What about Spa...remember it...just so happens that Espeleta has backed a few losers..Turkey,China spring to mind, then he compounded it with 4 ,yes 4 races in Spain ,just as their economy went down the road. And now the sponsors are running for the hills. In 2006 you couldn't get a seat at Catalunya or Valencia... there was probably over 150000 at Valencia when you counted the "balcones"...last year...less than 60k. There is still cash and interest in Northern Europe so junk Aragon now and get a deal to replace it with Spa or Hungary (is it ready yet?) C'mon ,Carmelo, wake up and smell the coffee, 'cos Vale won't be here for ever,then you really are fek'd.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

also

European companies have truckloads of cash, about €1 trillion of it. They are just being very picky about what they spend it on.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Regardless !!!!!

Say whatever you like BUT rarely theres been a post so widely commeNted on, I wonder WHY ????????????????

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Rossi

With Nostro and Ponceofrepsol what probably happened is Rossi didn't sign an autograph one time for them so they have taken to belittling him at every opportunity.

People with this level of hatred towards a rider usually have some underlying mental issues so we should cut them some slack in some respects and humour them a little. 

I agree with saturn392, Rossi has been the best over the last 15 or so years, will he still be one of the best this year ? Who the hell knows but if he gets a win or two and keeps Jorge, Dani and Marc honest all year there is nothing to complain about is there, it all adds to the spectacle, as for Nostro's repeats of the fact Rossi is the no2 in the Yamaha team, i think you'll find he agrees with you, he knows his place, this weeks interview in MCN showed humility and respect to others....

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

could't agree more trumpet

See this for example And when Rossi was asked about the behaviour of his so-called fans? A spineless no comment. It's great that MCN can put out a carefully scripted propaganda piece that everyone reads and says "wow, what a top guy", but his actions over the years speak quite differently.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

same

Old same old - Some good points on the last few posts - Look at Schumacher in F1.  For so many years no once could touch him.  Came back and lets be fair did not do a bad job.  But he came up against youth and his own age and the results of old did not return

As a Rossi fan i believe he has peaked and at tehe age of 34 now, he will find it harder to keep up with the next generation of younger riders.  But hey, he still has the belief in in own abillty or he would have stayed on the shite heap of the Ducati.  He wanted to get on a faster bike so he could fight up the front, unlike others who go fishing.

I just hope we see more riders battle for the race wins this year and some bar to bar racing.  I think MM will not dissapoint on that front, the kid is good

Reply to this Topic
LCTanner

Feb 13

LCTanner says:

Casey Stoner has today tweeted that it was he who met Lin Jarvis in a hotel lobby in malaysia recently and they did talk Valentino Rossi. The words legend and amazing were mentioned several times admitted Casey

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

You get tools on all sides weskit

Princess is the biggest tool on here but he’s allowed to get away with some nasty shit most of the time from your ilk because he’s railing against Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Im

Doing your job for you MCN - see new Yamaha colour scheme here 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/189131/1/pic_valentino_rossis_2013_yamaha_motogp_colours.html

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Get a grip Trumpy

The majority of your posts are bleats about yours truly. The mistake you make is to project your values and those of the soiled yellow variety onto the likes of me just because you do not like to acknowledge the reality of our words. 

I don't hate Nr.2 - why would I? Never broken bread with him - not like his best buddy Buelli. It's fair to say I do not like his public persona, but that's a long way from hate. His existence has zero bearing on my life.

Cultist is exactly what Rossi's fan base has been for years. Cults like sheep that do not challenge themselves with thought.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle