Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi’s back, but where’s the money? Yamaha explains

When Yamaha launches its 2013 factory MotoGP world championship effort in Jerez tomorrow (Friday), Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo’s YZR-M1 machinery will once again be missing a title sponsor. The return of Italian icon Rossi, who remains unquestionably the biggest box office star in MotoGP, has not attracted significant fresh investment to the Japanese factory, which is preparing for a third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 March 2013 17:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Global decline

There is no light at the end of tunnel,current. MGP has been in recession for a number of years now and in fairness to Rossi,not even his popularity pull can change that for Yamaha. The GPC are painfully aware of the situation,hence CRT etc. A sad state of affairs. Hayden and Spies learning a bit about COPA on Panigale's says a lot about VW's concerns given GP and the economic climate in spite of Ducati's record increase in market share stateside.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

super bike planet

go to super bike planet more info state side !

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The 2005 bike..

..was the most beautiful of all. On a purely aesthetic level this latest incarnation leaves me a little cold..

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yes CHR

Got to agree it is not the most tasteful colour scheme but then the Yams have always looked a bit dull to me in blue and white.
I think most agree the red and white is far more pleasing on the eye.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Nostro

You keep believing that fella ... refer to all your last posts where 46 is mentioned. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Abstract comment..

By CHR ..mumbling how nice the 2005 bike looks. Has he lost the plot again?

Well..Yes & No.

"Honest mistake Guv..should have been posted up on the new thread about Yamaha's 2013 launch, but I was distracted trying to spark up the crack pipe."

Tut-tut you drug addict.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi you got me all wrong..

I would never do crack. I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ass. Kind of a personal guideline in my life. Somebody says, "You want some crack?" I say, "I was born with one, pal! I really don't need another one. Thank you very much!..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

stick to your own convictions??

Thanks a laugh Nostro, you told us all the Spies was a nail on dead cert alien who would be fighting for the title once he threw his leg over the M1. hahaha how did that work out?

Stoner was to enter a Doohan like period of dominance on the Honda and would reel off title after title, cos he is so special. how did that work out.?

Bitter twisted and full of it ........

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Mmm..

I know what you mean..I have a similar problem when people say.."You wanna try some of this shit..it's good"

Unpalatable to say the least.. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

So if Yamaha haven't had a sponsor since 2010 I would suspect the problem isn't the riders or the potential sponsors....if yam can't find a sponsor with the world champ plus Valentino in the shed then either their marketing guys need shooting or they just don't want a 'title' sponsor to have their name ahead of yamaha ....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices