Skip to content

BMW New water-cooled BMW R1200RT spied testing R1200RT

You are in... Forums > BMW > R1200RT > New water-cooled BMW R1200RT spied testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New water-cooled BMW R1200RT spied testing

A fleet of all-new water-cooled BMW R1200RTs have been spied carrying out road testing in the South of France ahead of the launch of the completely new bike in 2014. The R1200RT is the current best-selling tourer in the UK but will be replaced next year and use the same all-new water-cooled 125bhp motor from the recently launched BMW R1200GS adventure...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 March 2013 12:10)

Post a message in R1200RT

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Would like to think

this engine will find its way into a 'sport tourer' along the lines of the R1100S / R1200S bikes.

Reply to this Topic
Stn573

Apr 13

Stn573 says:

New R 1200 Eng

If BMW placed this new engine in a new cruiser format based on the old R1200C only this time made to correct specifications and able to compete with this British weather how many do you think they would sell. If BMW placed the newly released six cylinder engine in a cruiser format how many do you think they would sell. Is it me or am I the only one out here waiting for a new BMW cruiser to replace my poorly built 1999 R1200C? Safe ridding check your blind spot!

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

@stn573 I'd like to see the cruiser boxer back. I had the pleasure of riding one in the German Alps, comfort and solid handling, way better cruiser than Harley. I also hope the Roadster with water-boxer engine comes with standard forks and not the safe but feel-killing telelever.

Reply to this Topic
ian111

Apr 13

ian111 says:

Thats an impresive top box in picture no4. lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle