Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha confirm new gearbox ‘under development’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha confirm new gearbox ‘under development’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha confirm new gearbox ‘under development’

Yamaha has confirmed it does have a new seamless shift gearbox under development in Japan, but gave no indication of when reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi will race it. There has been some doubt about whether a seamless shift system was being worked on by Yamaha, with both Lorenzo and Rossi kept in the dark about development plans...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 March 2013 16:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Absolute rubbish..

I repeat..Rossi has said NOTHING about not being able to ride the more competitive GP7 on superior Bridgestones.

For the first half of 2011, when they rode very similar CF bikes, Rossi WAS faster than Stoner 2010..it's in the record book. I suggest you are the one who's the sophistry sentimentalist.

It's all very well crying that wosi is picking races that Stoner didn't finish but this, unfortunately for Stoner fans, runs to the very heart of the matter.

Stoner crashed in races because he rode too fast, he tamed fk all. 

Rossi, who didn't crash at all during said period, was faster because he finished. In races Stoner didn't crash, Rossi was still faster more often than not..he just finished in a lower position because the competition was a lot stiffer.

The whole idea of Rossi going to Ducati was to NOT ride the bike like Stoner. What good would that have done Ducati..finishing 4th, a bent bike and expensive rider in hospital and STILL with a bike that nobody else could ride to success?

It took all of the 2011 season to convince Preziosi to try a different frame concept - testing during the season - and then when they agreed, the bike was a rush job farmed out to another firm and there were no further upgrades until after it was public knowledge Rossi had signed for Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh it's a skill alright Wosi

A very important one, not easily mastered at all. All you have is hope, and that's looking more and more tenuous with each passing test. Some of us saw this reality years ago. Not old three monkeys Wosi though eh. Ha, ha.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Sure thing Ace..

Every single decent road rider trying to go quickly in the wet on diesel impregnated tarmac, does exactly the same thing Nostro..It's not fkin rocket science man..

Old wosi was doing it nearly thirty years ago while riding around the outside of poncy Ducati two valvers on his CX, in London for ten hours a day..every day.

Haha..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Want to know who had the most wins before Rossi broke his leg?

Rossi, by 1 over moaner.

And the guys in the know then gave Rossi a major award for his comeback in 2010.

And Rossi's responce to criticism regarding his performance on the Ducati? Rossi could hardly contain his amusement (he probably had just been to the bank to check his balance).

The Yamaha riders are 3 tenth's slower but the riders are worth 1 second?  bahahahaha

There may be some patents that are owned by Honda that need to be overcome before the seamless gearbox is a reality... And noone here knows anything about that.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yes Wosi, whatever you say

Unleashing 32 pillow soft ponies on a CX is just like the skills required on a 250+ snarling HP GP machine.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Since you won't talk cricket

Tell me why you think nr.2 remains so slow?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

chit-chat..

The old 650 turbo was a bit more than that matey..:lol:

You think Ducati have got a light switch delivery?...the dreaded 'lag' plus Dunlops finest 20,000 miles TT100 'concrete' compound made things interseting, I can tell you.

I digress..Rossi? easy pal..he's been top 5 to be fair, even at Austin. Just feeling his way back in.

After all, he's a virtual rookie on that bike again it's changed so much..we should really be comparing him to Bradders. He's doing a lot better than Dani is against his rookie if you do?

Wait until the racing starts Pal..we'll talk again then.

35-3..I sense a bit of a collapse first thing tomoz? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

interesting

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You're a card Buell

Didn't you say earlier today on another thread about yesterday's test that test times are meaningless

All of a sudden, for the first time ever, you post the results of a test session. Why? Especially if you think they are meaningless? But wait, who is that at the top?

You're so utterly transparent...

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

bluto the dolt

Yes dopey dick that is exactly what I said.
Are you saying the times yesterday meant a lot?
The reason todays times are more interesting is because they were in the dry and it is not the first time I have posted times so as usual you are wrong.
Did I mention anything about who was at the top?
When I said the times were interesting I was looking at Marquez and Dovi more than anything else.
You really are an antagonistic prick.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle