Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha confirm new gearbox ‘under development’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha confirm new gearbox ‘under development’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha confirm new gearbox ‘under development’

Yamaha has confirmed it does have a new seamless shift gearbox under development in Japan, but gave no indication of when reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi will race it. There has been some doubt about whether a seamless shift system was being worked on by Yamaha, with both Lorenzo and Rossi kept in the dark about development plans...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 March 2013 16:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So Buell

What are the differences then?

You've substantiated nothing with that reply.

All pundits, reporters and Crutchlow himself are still referring to it as last year's bike - ie: they have never mentioned he is now on a 2013 spec bike. Today's test report states that he has had few new parts to try during testing. If you dispute this, tell us how his bike differs.

Lorenzo's pole was about the same as the current fastest test time, which in itself is about 1s slower than last year's best Jerez test time, so what's your point.

I never mentioned rain, so no idea where you're off to with that one.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

do u not know the differences then?

I have never said he was on a 2013 bike.All I have said is that the bike Cal is on now is not so different from the bikes of JL and VR.
Your not telling me it's all Cal that got him faster than VR and JL today.
Apologies about the rain must have been someone else trying to find an excuse for Rossi being fastest yesterday.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Jeez

I'm not telling you anything Buell, it's you who are disputing what the rider himself says about his own bike.

No I haven't a clue what the differences are, how and why would I? You're the one that keeps spouting off about there is little difference between the bikes. If he isn't on a 2013 bike, then he is on a 2012 bike which is what he's said all along - he has the same bike he finished Valencia with apart from the same spec engine that Lorenzo had in Valencia.

Now, are you going to substantiate your claim with facts or just keep on waffling.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Yep

I am disputing what the rider says cos I have heard otherwise.
He is not on a 2013 spec bike but he is not on exactly the same bike as finished last season on.
It's strange how you believe Cal's every word or Casey's but when acertain rider states anything it's bull.
Of course Crutchlow has no record of coming out with porkys....does he?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices