Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi and Lorenzo not surprised by Marquez’s winter pace MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi and Lorenzo not surprised by Marquez’s winter pace

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rossi and Lorenzo not surprised by Marquez’s winter pace

Factory Yamaha duo Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo have said they have not been surprised by Marc Marquez’s blistering speed during the pre-season testing campaign ahead of the Spaniard's first 2013 MotoGP world championship. The Repsol Honda rookie has impressed with a series of scintillating winter testing performances that included an impressive display during last week’s private HRC and Yamaha test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 March 2013 17:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Marquez

Yes I am sure like most Lorenzo and Rossi thought he would be fast from the off but to be as fast as he has been I doubt they would have believed it before the start of testing.I am sure deep down they are a bit shocked at his pace.
Of course Marquez will be fighting at or near the front but I think Rossi is correct when he says he will not be able to fight for the championship.
I think most would agree it will be a different story doing full race distances with his experienced rivals.
Also it is very probable he will end up in the gravel a few times.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Not so sure about that Buell....

The guy isn't new to racing so has race craft built into his every move. Granted, there will be experience to come from it, but I'm sure over a race distance he'll still be flying. Silly manoeuvres will be the only thing to halt his progress....... He's says fully of confidence ;0)

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

So the question is .... How much sandbagging has been going on and by who....Mary mark looks to be innocent tho....

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

he wont crash if he's fucked off at the front will he.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I jus't can't wait to see MM go at it in MotoGP. And i'm not even taking about the racing or what place he finishes in. Jus't wanna see the kid ride the RCV! Even in free practice, don't get me wrong? Valentino, J-lo and Dani are all great riders. But dare i say it, only Casey can get close to MM's ridding style.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

i'm bettin

Repsol riders 1-2 for the 2013 championship.  Can't wait to see if Stoner will mix it up with a PI wildcard.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

What can they say about a new-comer who's smashed their practice times, and made them look a little ordinary? "We're not surprised", that's what. Ah, that dastardly ego-defence mechanism.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Damned if they do, etc

Eh CBR? Is there any answer they could have given that wouldn't have resulted in condescending derision from you?

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Following by example

Its seems as though MM has a tall order to fill, the last person to arive with such a fanfare was JL and look what happened to him... a 1st season full of shocking crashes and stunning wins, then 2 world championships.

MM has big boots to fill, hopefully without the broken ankles

Reply to this Topic
prawny72

Jan 11

prawny72 says:

early days yet !!!

great to see MM giving it all in pre season testing, but I feel  Lorenzo, rossi, & pedrosa  are not going to go all out in testing, and obviously not going to risk injury etc,. im not suggesting any sand bagging but  come race day, things will be different,  MM will be the last of the 4,  pedrosa and Lorenzo will be up there as to be expected,  but as for all you rossi hater"s  I will say what everyone is thinking,  vale will be the biggest supprise this year, on a bike he likes, fantastic crew, and a true fighter, he will be fighting for the championship,  vale has more up his sleeve than we realise,  look at the laid back attitude and mr nice guy at the moment, lol... WORK IT OUT.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices