Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi and Lorenzo not surprised by Marquez’s winter pace MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi and Lorenzo not surprised by Marquez’s winter pace

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rossi and Lorenzo not surprised by Marquez’s winter pace

Factory Yamaha duo Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo have said they have not been surprised by Marc Marquez’s blistering speed during the pre-season testing campaign ahead of the Spaniard's first 2013 MotoGP world championship. The Repsol Honda rookie has impressed with a series of scintillating winter testing performances that included an impressive display during last week’s private HRC and Yamaha test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 March 2013 17:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Mike

Hey guys, not on topic but 23rd March 1981 Mike Hailwood R.I.P.  died, no was killed together with his daughter, by that bastard in a lorry, and got a £100 fine. Mike was a class act, and one of the greatest riders ever.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Cornbowl, going for a Sunday diner at my pops house tommorow. I will ask him about Mike Hailwood, should be great stories. My memories of bike racing started with an always smiling Yamaha 2/350 rider from Venezuela .

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Cornbowl

I've still got a couple of papers from the time of Mike's death including MCN.   Tragic all those years racing bikes and cars and he gets killed by  lorry doing a U-turn.     Strange coincidence the South African MV works rider Garry Hocking gave up bike racing because it was 'too dangerous'  and then was killed in a car.   Fate is a strange bedfellow.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

" Arguing that 2nd isn't 2nd I can confimr that it is"

No problem with that... Hayden proved the very next year you can win a championship with 252 points... he won 2 races but 1st is 1st. Melandri, with 228 points (meaning he finished higher up in more races than he did in 2005) came 4th... 4th is 4th.

220 points is 220 points... irrespective of where you finish in the championship, you get points for where you finish in races... Melandri's Honda got exactly the same points as a bike you said was being developed backwards... so, on average, Melandri on the fabulous Honda finished as close to the front in 2005 as the Casey did on the piece of shit Ducati in 2009 in each race... except of course he only won 2 races to Casey's 4... & crashed 3 times to the Casey's 1.

Are you still with me? Did I go too fast? I can explain it again if you want... ?

:smile

Hugs... "it's becoming a bit of a habit with you. Arguing that" one bike was competitive while another, with exactly the same points, was crap. It gives us all a laugh though.

:laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Saturn & Carlos

Yes, you're right about fate, Mike's ex-girlfriend, Elizabeth McCarthy, was told by Mike, that when he was in South Africa, he had been told by a fortune teller that, he would not live past 40 and would be killed by a truck !!! a scary thought if it's true, no reason to disbelieve it. 

Mike was a 'peoples' champion, and to make a comeback to the TT after 11 years, and win, is something that would be un-achievable today. 

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WHO`D HAVE THOUGHT?

I`m not surprised at Rossi`s pace either! Not in the front runner`s league,bleedin` obvious to anyone with any knowledge of racing really. Bring back the day`s of mediocre opposition and 1 off tyre`s! And "team-mate`s" who can`t win,unless all the planet`s and star`s line up perfectly.Then we`d see the"real" Rossi?    Oh goody.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

how many races

How many races were there in 2009 and 2010?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Pogo...

2009? 17... same as 2005 so directly comparable... 2010 18... so not comparable... valid point. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

rossi times at 4

better go check them out might make you upset lol and im a hayden fan! just wish he rode something other than that red pile of ****

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

You lost me Hedgey, you a statos love child. Do you think marco will tell his grand kids he scored 200 and odd points in 2005 or he came 2nd in the world. There are, lies damn lies and statistics.. Nice to see Rossi making a whole host of long winded 'experts' into chimps again. That includes you Hedgey as usual ...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices