You are in... Forums > General > General > Waiting for spring

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Waiting for spring

It is looking increasingly likely that up here we won't be getting out on rideouts till April this year ...a whole month shorter season than usual...... *sigh*

..still, think of all the petrol savings,.. and it will be all the more sweeter when it does arrive for the long wait ....:winkie:  

Attached images:

1. Waiting  
  2. Waiting  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 March 2013 11:20)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Right on Shad....

Although.... In the fair weather riders defence.....

I slid under a truck last week in the rain and went under the wheels!   :shock:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Shadow

'Bloody Fair weather Bikers!!!!!!!!

Never mind all this talk of riding seasons, just get another jumper on under your leathers and get out there!'

You're missing the point somewhat...:winkie:

Different folk ride bikes for different reasons...for us it's not about commuting or 'a means of transport' etc...

..we ride sportsbikes to have fun on, it's a hobby... the fun is being out, often with mates, cranking round bends and enjoying the freedom and thrills that a sportsbike provides. You can't do that in freezing temps with low levels of grip (especially on track/road tyres)... will only be a short matter of time before it ends in tears..... 'putting another jumper on' will not improve the level of grip for my tyres...nor will it prevent my 'pride and joy' getting caked in road salt etc. :winkie: 

I appreciate that for other types of riders - commuters or folk with big trail type bikes the current weather need not curtail their fun/activities...

..but for us there is no fun it ..so it is pointless.

ps. I have done the whole 'riding all year round' frozen-stiff on ice and snow thing for years in my youth...'been there, done that, got the T-shirt (and bent bikes:tongue:)....don't need/want to do it any more. :winkie:... but 'each to their own'          

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Not been out...

on my bike since last October!! If it ain't pissing down there's so much salt on the roads round here a two hour ride would lead to a six hour cleaning session.I'll wait until the weather gets better and the roads cleaner.Did more miles in the warm weather last March than I did during the whole of last years shite Summer.I really do hope we have a better one this year 'cause I'm REALLY F*CKED OFF WITH NOT GOING OUT ON MY BIKE!!! Global warming,the planet is warming up and soon we'll be growing cactus in our gardens 'cause it's so hot and dry. Yeah right.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Well Booked

the hotel in Balloch today and the one for Knockhill so it feels like the season is upon us.

Shad' I fear I am getting too old for 12 month riding season. I had problems enough getting to work today in the landrover!

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

CB13

I feel your pain.:winkie:

Hang on in there - 'the darkest hour is just before dawn',.

Good times are just around the corner. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

obewan

When are you coming to Balloch.?.. let us know if you want to come out for a ride. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

KAM...

Whilst I agree it's all our choices when and where to ride...

I will tell you that I often ride in the rain when it is utterly unecessary... Got great waterproofs that let nothing in and I get a lot of feedback from wet riding.. It's fun and sharpens your skills considerably!!

(sliding under lorries aside!:wink:)

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Oh yeah.....

...and spring????

It's just around the corner!!!!   :wacko:

Attached images:

1. boing  
  2. boing  
Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

750FLYER

'I will tell you that I often ride in the rain when it is utterly unecessary... Got great waterproofs that let nothing in and I get a lot of feedback from wet riding.. It's fun and sharpens your skills considerably!!'

I hear you, :winkie:..and trust me,- we get plenty of wet weather riding up here ..during the usual season..it IS Scotland after all! :tongue:

But at the moment it's the freezing temps and snow and ice that is causing the problem.:winkie:...'Rain' we are used to.....

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

No John.......................

No John, I didn't miss the point, just couldn't resist a bit of good natured teasing.

It's my choice to ride in this weather, but I don't have any problem with those that don't.

Ride safe and I hope the season starts soon for you all.

Shad.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices