You are in... Forums > General > General > Waiting for spring

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Waiting for spring

It is looking increasingly likely that up here we won't be getting out on rideouts till April this year ...a whole month shorter season than usual...... *sigh*

..still, think of all the petrol savings,.. and it will be all the more sweeter when it does arrive for the long wait ....:winkie:  

Attached images:

1. Waiting  
  2. Waiting  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 March 2013 11:20)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Shadow

'good natured teasing'

No worries...... it's all good stuff :winkie:

We're proud to be 'fair weather weekend warriors' :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Careful John...........

Careful John,  if we're seen agreeing too much my reputation will be in tatters.

But seriously, I don't mind what anyone does with their bikes as long as they can refrain from telling me what I should or shouldn't do on mine.  Enjoy the good weather when it comes, and save the tax when it's cold.

Ride safe.

Keith.

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

I like riding on wet roads

but I usually do it on one of the demo bikes from the bike shop down the road from me, so I don't have to clean mine. Last weekend I took a new ZX10R out on piss wet through roads. Power on MAX, traction control OFF.

Fun time.:smile

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Kam

Balloch Friday 14th June. Coming up from Skipton via Penrith, Alston, Heham, then across towards Kilmarnock then your toon.

Saturday, A82, A83, To the coast up to Oban, then across and down to the Castle Hotel I think for Sunday at Knockhill BSB.

I think one guy is peeling off for a North Scotland Tour, three are spending a further three days for the return to the south east. i have to blat back to Hereford sunday night or perhaps early hours Monday moring.

Just FYI the Thursday is from my gaff to Skipton via Wales then north penines into the Dales.

PS good to see Shad back in da house

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Obewan

Cheers

The Saturday sounds like you are in for a great run - some great roads there ..I assume you are going via Inveraray then Lochgilphead then up to Oban then back on the A85 via Tyndrum.

If you fancy meeting up let me know (I might be able to come and ride some of it with you) on the other hand if you are with mates and don't want to alter the group 'chemistry' that's no problem either.:winkie:

Fingers crossed you get some great weather.:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I'm a

fair weathered biker:smile and it aint fair enough for me yet:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Damn weather

I've not been out since the last time I took it up to breakie.

I renewed the insurance yesterday and it's getting picked up for MoT, service and new tyres tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a wee run over the weekend but I doubt it.  I was hoping to attend the Yorkhill Egg Run but I think I'll just be taking the nephews down to watch instead :wacko:.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Kam

I don't blame you, I was up in braehead for three days. Only a flutter of snow, but by the christ that wind was biting and took your breath away. You really need to start wearing something under those kilts.:winkie: Coming into durham on the way home and the snow was horrendus, yet it was warmer than Glasgow:huh:

Attached images:

1. Photo0126  
  2. Photo0127  
Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Jeni

I was thinking about doing the Yorkhill Run too ...but it's not looking likely at the moment .. Icy wind and snow flurries again this morning ...it's hard to believe 'British Summer Time' starts on Sunday! :blink:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

CJ

Three days in Braehead!

I've heard of some legendary shopping sprees, but three days!? ..... Three hours is about all I can stand! :tongue:...mind you, it's possible to get lost in IKEA for three hours!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices