You are in... Forums > General > General > Bandit 600 to 750 conversion

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Bandit 600 to 750 conversion

Hey all, So, I was wondering what your views are on doing the conversion from the original B600 to the slingshot 750 engine, has anybody done this ? I know it has been done by many people but Iv never been told what the bike is like, does anybody have any tips or advice about the conversion?

Im asking as I can get hold of an engine 
Cheers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 March 2013 15:44)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

bandit

I couldnt be arsed doping that tbh..my bandit 6 is enough for around here, the zzr11 is a good motorway muncher to wales inthe summer (leave at 5am, in wales by 9!

Reply to this Topic
hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Karl

I done my !980 CB750  190,000 miles up in 2010

swapped the engine for a CB900F1 super sport lump,
had it done by my local shop as he found the engine for me.

It was out with the 750 & in with the 900 all the same fittings.

When I tried to register the change with DVLC they wouldn't accept the change by me :blink:

Had to get the shop to write a letter giving all the details of price, engine No. and an invoice before they would change it WTF!

They wont accept changes to bikes & cars by general public any more

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Usual advice

check your insurance; they might not like it, and load your premium accordingly.

Secondly, do you actually WANT a 750, or are you simply interested in doing the work to your bike? If you're after a 750, it'd be simpler (and possibly cheaper) to trade the bike for a 750 than to spend time / money / effort converting a 600.

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

Bandit

Unless you want to do it yourself as a bit of a project why not just get a Bandit 12?

Got to be cheaper, easier and quicker, plus you don't need to go through any rigmarole with registering or insuring it.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Bandit 750

It should take less than a day to do the conversion. Don't forget the 750's carb's too. You should then have approx 100bhp. There is an 884cc conversion that gives 125bhp at the wheel but it's a lot of work and expense. You could also slot in a 1200 engine, but you'd almost certainly need the 1200's CDI too.

Yeah, you could buy a 1200, but doing the conversion yourself you have a bike that YOU have built.

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Thanks for the replys guys

EATCS01 your totally right, I want my own look on the bike, its my only transport and I class it as a running project

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices