Skip to content

General Unbebloodylievable!!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Unbebloodylievable!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Unbebloodylievable!!!

The government has decided that we should all pay a bit towards giving benefits to go towards child care for couples who both work. Now whether or not you agree with that is one thing. 

But there was a woman on the radio today who said because she chose to stay at home and bring up her children, while her husband worked, she felt victimised and we should pay her a bit extra as well!!

I tell you what. Hows about paying for your own daft kids. AND. Hows about hearing a bit of gratitude to the tax payer from benefit recipients, along the lines of..."Well, I know everyones feeling the pinch, but I don`t know what I`d do without all these handouts. I`m ever so grateful to all the British taxpayers for helping me out. Because I`m so bleeding feckless that without them I`d be in the gutter".
Nah, you`d never hear that. Just whingeing that the benefits are being squeezed or not rising fast enough etc etc. 
Getting sick of hearing how low benefits are. Show a little gratitude for what you HAVE got. 
Most people don`t mind paying their taxes and helping folks out who are in hard times, but nobody is ever grateful. Just complaining all the time. 
That daft lass on telly the other night with 3 kids, saying £500 a week was not enough and she was demanding more off us. She had enough for the false eyelashes, makeup and numerous tattoos though.
I`d like to hear just one person say, "well, its not easy, but I`m grateful for the help I do get. God bless this wonderful country and the people in it"

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 March 2013 17:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

work

i left my job to be a stay at home dad, hard work, but enjoyable..

having two in full time child care (both under two) would have wiped out my salary so I left, much happier for the moment, studying for my degree part time with the Open University so in a few years I can hopefully, get a decent job (Mech Eng)..its bloody hard finding the time to study after having them all day

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I work

but if I go out using the bus it hurts like hell. So I get a taxi instead. I don't get any handouts for this and really, should I? People will have different problems which will cost them money.

Everyone wants something out of the government. I wouldn't mind a disability badge for parking when the pain's bad but that's about it.

"Benefits" / dole should be low, except for perhaps those who are medically unfit for work, as the idea is to encourage people to work in the private sector - the productive part of the economy. If you can send one partner out to work and keep one at home, that's ideal and you're lucky to be able to afford it. Why should you get extra money for it? Having to send both partners out to work means you will have to pay for childcare, etc and you may well need extra money for that as it's not cheap. Should the government pay for all of it? No!

IF YOU BRING A CHILD INTO THIS WORLD IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR IT.

Shit happens along the way and there will be some people who need help but there are other scumbags who say out loud that their kids should still have nice things even though we live off state benefits.

Also, remember that £500 a week is tax free! I hate to be blunt but I spend my life at work making people feel better and quite literally sometimes saving their lives. I don't get £500 a week for routinely making decisions which determine if people live or die, have surgery or don't, etc.

It's like this twunts who have no car insurance because they can't afford it, but can afford the drugs the cops find when they get pulled over.

The government needs to slash benefits massively. I struggle to clean my flat as well as get about when the pain is bad and I'm sure I could claim for that so I could afford a cleaner and taxis but basically people need to fucking man up and realise that it's their responsibility to work their way through their problems. The government isn't there to hand out cash to everyone to make their lives a little easier.

Someone was on to me about how he's going to sue the NHS for something fairly pathetic (like being on the wrong meds but no permanent harm done). I told him my opinion which is that if it's something like that, make a complaint and action will be taken. If it's something that's caused you permanent injury or disability and you're going to need to buy extra stuff like chair lifts, hand rails, electric scooter, etc then definitely sue as it'll be of real benefit to you. Otherwise all you're doing is taking money away from care and making it worse for everyone else whilst funding an improve lifestyle for yourself.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Beacons

if you can get the mechanical engineering and have an interest in nuclear you're set as they're already recruiting and looking to man the new plants.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Unfortunately

Phil, folks don`t want face up their responsibility these days. 

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

kids etc

i am trying my best mate, but the maths is getting hard as...bloody quadratics..lol not sure where i am going to go after , designing or automotive..depends...wait and see, in no rush at mo as unlike others, i hope I am being a decent dad to my three..

Mrs B works hard but we save about 1200 a month by me staying at home, plus if anythingn happens with eldest (10) at school then i go and get her...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. IMG_0311  
  2. IMG_1582  
Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Quadratics

are a pissing contest.

It's calculus that I can't remember how to do these days.

I HATE calculus. Thankfully my machines do it all for me. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Benefits...

:mad:My neighbours daughter and her useless, p*sshead waster of a bloke(he hasn't worked for years)have just been moved into a nice refurbished bungalow,rent paid for by us £650per month,they also get child allowance and unemployment benefit and feck me she now get £400 a month disability allowance 'cause she has medical problems becuase she is fat.No that's not strictly true,she's absolutely fecking HUGE !!! So now they are swanning round in a brand new Focus paid for through motability scheme with some of her disability allowance paid for by the tax payer.Her folks swan round in Skoda Yeti,10plate soon to be replaced with a new one(3 years old less than 10k miles) on motability as her mum is "disabled"and can't get about.Yeah right,I live opposite and she gets about just fine.Really f*cks me off,there's over 700,000 motability cars on the road in this country.What a waste of hundreds of millions of pounds a year.Oh yeah while I'm at it.Another neighbour works in the local One Stop and tells me of a fat ,wheezing woman customer who goes in every other day to buy 100 fags and drives home again in her large people carrier paid for on motability by you and me.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

On

that basis I should get a BMW HP4 because of the suspension system which would allow a smoother ride and therefore less pain. A car usually causes me more pain, hence failing my driving test first time without meds and passing it second time with no faults on opiate painkillers. Same with the bike test (except I got one fault for not pulling out in front of someone as the examiner was getting impatient being stuck in traffic - I could hear her over the radio).

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Um all people situations are different

in my day  and planning children we had to make a decision whether we could mange it or go through life without any. 

My husband was 9 years older than me and although I had a good job and he had a trade it was that simple. We sat down and literally worked out the finances of it all ,I'm not sure if the benefit system was there or not but we didn't know of any.

We decided to have children but god was it hard work, I worked  a 12 hour night shift got home took nipper to school then youngest to nursery, come back got my head down and then got up at 2.00 to do the collecting

Dinner, bath and bedtime. For the first 10 years of their lives I was a walking zombie.  No child care , but as they get older it gets easier in that respect.

I think it's all about whether children are planned or not, it might not be romantic but it was a joint decision as to if and when.

Too many children are not planned nowadays just a drunken fumble.  At least both of mine were told they were actually planned and their future was secure as it could be even if Mum and Dad were knackered most of the time.

Funny story, as you may or may not know I'm a smoker but could only afford half ounce of golden Virginia once a week.  Smoking dust is not nice!!.   I ran out of papers one day so rolled up 2 layers of damp toilet roll and sealed with cellotape, innovative or what :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

stay at home mum

mmm   she is a barrister, dont class her as real people  or do you? london think the rest of the country is the same,, plenty money,jobs etc neither her or clegg are in the real world and ed has just been spouting in brum to a SeLECTED audienceNot on a street corner!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices